All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm

Post subject: Mordor Army List at 400 Points
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:17 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hello everyone and greetings from Germany.

I thought about creating a 400 Points Mordor Army List for an upcoming tournament. We are going to play five out of the six standart scenarios (we will leave out the last one with the hill in the middle of the battlefield, I only know the German name). It has to be said that "The Knight of Umbar", "The Undying" and "The Dimmerlaik" are banned, as well as "Galadriel, Lady of Light". Here is my first take on building the List:

First Warband:
The Dark Marshall + Fell Beast (Army General)
4 Morannon-Orcs + Shield
6 Morannon-Orcs + Shield + Spear

Second Warband:
Gorbag + Shield
5 Morannon-Orcs + Shield
6 Morannon-Orcs + Shield + Spear

This seems quite Elite, even though my Forces only have Fight 3, which might be a pretty huge disadvantage. I first thought about playing an Orc-Shaman, but I think I really need that extra Might, so I put in Gorbag for that. The Dark Marshall will be quite handy with his Fight 6 and the big Banner Bonus. However, 12 Will is not very great (I should also mention that we will bring 2 Armies to the tournament so that Evil on Evil or Good on Good fight cannot happen, which means that my Nazgul cannot be "Sap will"-ed). I will buy my first Fell Beast really soon, so that is another component why I created this list. But are 23 Models not a little bit too few? In my Woodelf army, I have the same amount of Models with Galadriel and Thranduil leading them...

All these questions are the reason why I post this: I am unsure how I should create a good and competetive Mordor Army at 400 Points. I really need your help!
 Post subject: Re: Mordor Army List at 400 Points
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:37 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Maybe it's already to late for an answer, and your tournament is already over, but anyway, here are my thoughts to your list: I would change some Morannon orcs for normal orcs with spears, they are cheaper and can support from the second row. And so you could use the remaining Points to fill up your warbands to 12 figures + hero. I'm not sure wether I would take the fell beast. Perhaps a shaman with some more orcs would be more useful instead. Good luck for your tournament. (Sorry for my late answer, I did read your question just yesterday, by chance.)
 Post subject: Re: Mordor Army List at 400 Points
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:44 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

That is one RIDICULOUS banned list models. Sounds like some dictatorship of a tournament.

Regardless your list is good. I'd still probably take a different wraith, but its a great list.

I love using wraiths but honestly, at 400 points......I could be happy with taking Shagrat War leader, a shaman, and Gorbag with a shield. Same amount of points almost as your leaders. the Dark Marshall is great but at 400 points you dont often need magic.