All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 pm

Post subject: 750 HARAD LIST COMPETITIVE
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello SBG'ers,

I've been playing the game for a few years but I'm new to having a Harad force, here is a list/models I have been thinking about:

Knight of Umbar on horse
Betrayer on horse
Golden King
6 Abrakhan Guard
6 Watchers of Karna
4 Raiders with war spear and bows
5 Corsair Reavers
12 Warriors of Harad, all with bow and spear, all warriors of Karna too
1 Warrior of Harad with War Horn
1 Troll of Far Harad

38 models, some fight 5, 2 wraiths, 12 2-attack models, war horn for courage, a total of 18 bows with poison rule and re-roll wounds on a 1 or 2 (with betrayer) and troll/abrakhan guard for taking out higher defense

Tactics: sit back a bit and get a as many rounds of shooting off as possible to weaken the enemy lines. Use the two wraiths for support magic and when the time is right send them in if necessary, keep the warriors of harad in second rank, for shooting with bows and then for spear supporting in combat, keep reavers and watchers of karna in front ranking giving me 3 attacks (with spear support). Golden king has a useful rule and is strong in combat too

What are your thoughts, what is the lists strengths, what would be the lists weaknesses? thank you for your time!
 Post subject: Re: 750 HARAD LIST COMPETITIVE
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:33 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

That's a nasty army. I'd hate to play against it.

I'm not sure that the Warrior of Karna upgrade is worthwhile; 2pts for +1 Shoot is pricey. Maybe considering dropping it from all your Haradrim Warriors, and try to fit in a fell beast for the KoU.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:14 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

There is of course the whole 'new edition incoming' that will likely change things considerably (profiles, points costs and for this lot specifically likely splitting the armylist between Harad, Corsairs and Far Harad, or so I imagine). Within the current rules, the list is illegal, as you can only use the 50% bow limit if your force does not include any of the Corsair or Far Harad units.

The value of the Karna upgrade is debatable, but I certainly don't much see the value when the armylist also contains Watchers of Karna presently without bows - assuming you won't be doing much shooting once you get in combat anyway, there is little point giving bows (and 2 point upgrades) to the warriors when the same shootvalues are available and paid for on those Watchers.

Personally, I'd spend less on heroes (they take up half the points now) to get more troops in there, as the Defence 4 warriors fall quite quickly - in the current incarnation even to shooting, as the legal limit of 12 bows isn't that impressive. The Knight of Umbar also is a bit wasted on horseback; his magic isn't too great, and he won't shine in combat without a big flying beasty to ride upon.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:09 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Ahhh, thank you guys! I didn’t realsize the 50% was just if harad warrior types are included. Where is that rule? I can’t find it in the faq or book. I will consider dropping the Karna upgrade on the harad warriors and giving all watchers of Karna bows. Sounds like the knight of umbar belongs on a fellbeast! Lastly I will remove corsairs and half trolls and add more raiders and harad only units to make the 50% bow rule legal. Thanks again and happy gaming!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:51 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The bow limit exception is explained in the box on p26 of the Fallen Realms book. Although Reavers and Half Trolls are pretty scary, it is indeed worth dropping them to have those 50% bows - thankfully, the Harad list boasts several other very capable troops!

Good luck!