All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 am

Post subject: Rivendell 700 points army list
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:45 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi,

In the beginning I am sorry for my English but I can't speak this language very well.

I will take a part in tournament soon and I am thinking about my Rivendell army roster on 700 points. There will be three scenarios: 1- Domination, 2 - Heirloom of Ages Past, 3 - Fog of War.

And here is my question. What should I take?I've got almost all models from Rivendell Army list. I am wondering about some allies like Numenor,Fellowship or White Council. I have just 12x Knights of Rivendell, so I can't play full mounted army unless I take 1-2 heroes from Fellowship like Gandalf or Boromir/Legolas..

I made one roster. What do you think about it?

Warband 1:

1x Elrond, Master of Rivendell– 190 (LEADER)
Wargear: Hadhafang, Vilya, Heavy Armour, Horse

4x High Elf Warrior – 40
Wargear: Heavy armour, Elven-made hand-and-a-half sword, Shield

4x High Elf Warrior – 44
Wargear: Heavy armour, Elven-made hand-and-a-half sword, Spear, Shield

1x High Elf Warrior – 35
Wargear: Heavy armour, Elven-made hand-and-a-half sword, Banner, Shield

2x Rivendell Knight – 44
Wargear: Heavy armour, Lance, Elven-made hand-and-a-half sword, Elf bow, Horse, Shield

Warband 2:

1x Cirdan - 80
Wargear: Unarmed

6x High Elf Warrior – 72
Wargear: Heavy armour, Elven-made hand-and-a-half sword, Spear, Elf Bow

Warband 3:

1x Isildur - 125
Wargear: Heavy armour, Hand-and-a-half sword, Shield, The Ring

7x Warrior of Numenor – 70
Wargear: Armour, Sword, Spear, Shield

Thanks a lot for your advice! :)
 Post subject: Re: Rivendell 700 points army list
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:26 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I play Rivendell quite a bit so I will give you some advice.

I personally would bring Gil Galad or Glorfindel over Elrond. The first two are better combat heroes for the points. The spells you pay for with Elrond aren't that good. Perhaps you can get one nature's wrath to cast and not be resisted but burning his will for it is not good if the other side has a caster. Gil Galad is a better hero/troop killer and Glorfindel is better at dealing with caster + fighter/monster combos. You can just proxy the mounted Elrond model too.

Cirdan is fabulous most of the time. Definitely keep him in support. Isildur is also a good choice for an ally. He is a solid second threat on the board and his warriors have the strength elves lack. A horse would be a good idea though even at the expense of one for your general I would say. But with heirlooms you might want to make him the runner so perhaps not.

For the infantry, your number are pretty low which means your line will be short and the effectiveness of Cirdan will be limited if your opponent raps around your troops to kill him. I suggest dropping the spears form the Numenorians and having them fight in front of your archers to make use of their spears. Now you can get another Numenorian warrior or a horse for Isildur if you also cut the shield from your banner. That will give you line 10 bases wide with a strong (possibly mounted) hero on each end, plus Cirdan's buffs and a banner. That is still a bit short and I would be best if the Numenorians were your center with the elves from the leaders warband on each flank but it depends on deployment.

I am almost tempted to say lose the knights but they might be useful to help a hero hunt something or hold a rear objective.

That would be my advise.

Post subject: Re: Rivendell 700 points army list
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:08 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

As a Nuenor player if you can squeeze out the points Elendil is one of the most powerful and fun to use warriors in the game. He, Glorfindel and Cirdan would be a crazy team