2 Abrakhân Merchant Guard

---- Corsairs of Umbar ----
Warband 1 2/18
Dalamyr, Fleetmaster of Umbar
2 Corsair Reaver
---- Warband 2 6/12
Corsair Bo'sun with Spear; Shield;
6 Corsair Reaver

So, I have never played dalamyr before, I plan on using his "magic" smoke bombs as my magic user.
The idea is this: dalamyr(f5) with raza(f4) can be my hero killers. Both have bane of kings and total 6 attacks(3 each). I can easily take dalamyr war band out and his reavers, shuffle some point and get the betrayer and gain real magic, but I lose reavers and 2 hero attacks in the process. Both are F5, both have bane of kings, both have "magic", sort of.

With the Bo Sun, suladan and a regular banner I have 12 inches of banner coverage. Merchant guard can kill D6 on a 4+, backed up with some serpent guard and/or regular spear I have 2 dice plus banner re roll, I figure I am prepared for most things. Plus I have 53 models so I don't break until 27 deaths.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: 800 point local tournament
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:24 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

This list feels awkward since you don't have the betrayer even so you are full of poisoned weapons and at the same time your warbands of umbar are so small that you lack the number that makes them scary.
I think you have too choose between full harad, and a more balanced harad/Umbar where you can get both of their strenght.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:13 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I don’t disagree, the list played well and held its own( outside of my own stupid mistakes) in the tournament. It does not have Aragorn/elendil/Elrond/big monster stopping power but Raza and Dalamyr performed well. The fatties killed two ents, the reavers performed their job by being a flanking force. Would have done better had I remembered the +1 to wound when they “fail” their courage test. I will probably just put them all in the bosun group and look at including the betrayer to replace dalamyr( although I did not use him to his potential). Raza held his own against his chosen target of a kings champion in the ONE game I remembered to name a target, 3 attacks and 3 might at f6 go a long way for a 75 point hero.
Yeah, I screwed up many times and the army performed well even though I never played anything like it before.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:32 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Seems pretty good. I feel like its hard to not take The Betrayer though with as many poisoned weapons youve got. Some magic helps take or at least mitigate some of the big beefy heroes kicking around.

P