All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:51 am

Post subject: Angmar 700p
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:53 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

How to improve? If enemy takes archers will this list be doomed? I honestly hate archers! And let's face it. Most armies have at least 10 strong archers, possibly over 20 strong archers in this point size. Gulavhar has very low defence so i guess he should sort of stay back until fight starts. So is this list too bad to give a try if i know enrmy will be something like elves or iron hill or moria (my typical enemies)?

Angmar (700p, 42 units, 3 might).
Gulavhar
14 orcs
1 orc banner

Shade
12 orcs

Dwimmerlake on horse
12 wild wargs
 Post subject: Re: Angmar 700p
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:58 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

You'd defiantly have the numbers on elves and iron hills but I think I would depend a lot on what the boards your group plays on look like. If there is enough terrain to stop you from being able to swiftly envelop and overwhelm the opposing army, then it probable isn't going to be too successful.

The Dwimmerlake and shade are a good combo to stop enemy heroes from being able to take on Gulavhar though. And plenty of scenarios let you deploy well up the board so I wouldn't be too worried about him getting shot down before being able to do anything.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:45 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Gulavhar has become a beast against Good if he can get into fights before arrows take their toll, though without Strike, I'd keep him away from Heroes.
Dwimmerlaik is seriously nerfed. I don't see him nearly as much.
Consider WitchKing on Fell instead...another flyer can't hurt, plus being a Best Magic User and three Might.
And speaking of Might...maybe more of that: Buhrdur? Even an Orc Cpt instead of the Shade...(love the Shade, though). "He who has Might in the last round, wins."
Swarm up your Orcs numbers, instead of all those wargs at 4 Defense and just 1 (unsupportable) Attack. Two flyers will get you plenty of movement for those long range scenarios.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:05 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I would cut down on the wargs, you probably only need 3-4 to benefit from having some mobility on certain missions. Also they don't benefit from your army special rule if I remember correctly.