All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:13 am

Post subject: Dragon Legion 600 pts
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 8:15 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

After reading through the rules for the new legendary legion, I toyed around with it a little bit and came up with the following list:

Warband 1:
Dragon Emperor on Palanquin
8 Black Dragon Warriors with shields
8 Black Dragon Warriors with pikes and shields
Black Dragon Kataphrakt with Easterling war drum

Warband 2:
Dragon Knight on armored horse
2 Black Dragon Warriors with shields
4 Black Dragon Warriors with pikes and shields

Warband 3:
Dragon Knight on armored horse
2 Black Dragon Warriors with shields
4 Black Dragon Warriors with pikes and shields

I guess this is going to be the setup you'll mostly run it with at 600 points. And to be honest, it looks really strong. You've got a block of 28 of what are basically elfs, boasting F5, D6, only with the added benefit of being able to go into phalanx formation. And then, you've got three heavy hitters to go left, right and center. The Emperor will mince through warriors and heroes alike, while the Dragon Knights essentially get 6 duel roll dice and 8 to wound dice on the charge. There's 7 might and possibly even more with blood and glory. One of the only weaknesses a list like this would have is to shooting. But guess what? There's a drummer in there too, so you'll be closing down distance really fast.

So, what do you guys think?
 Post subject: Re: Dragon Legion 600 pts
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 3:32 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I'd say this looks pretty strong for scenarios and boards that allow you to fight in a big central deathstar. I think my go-to 600pt lists would have trouble dealing with everything that it has going on in turns of combat power. Scenarios like domination or capture and control will probably give you problems because you can't fight have the Emperor at multiple objectives at once and ability to rush for objectives late in the game hinges on either your knights keeping their horses or using your drum. And yeah, the lack of shooting might be a problem.

Now, you might be able to overcome the objective game problems with some forward planning (figuring out exactly when you need to start running warriors for the objectives and when to start shielding in every fight to avoid ending the game to early), but that problem is what I'd keep in mind.

Otherwise, I think it looks good.