All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:59 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:50 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

tidoco wrote:
Wow Alan that is simply amazing mate, every terrain piece i see you make takes my breath away.
\
i hope it doesnt literally otherwise we might all be dead lol
Simply amzing Alan simply amazing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:32 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the nice comments.

The day was brilliant and I had an absolute blast! Thanks to everyone who came up and commented on it, and thanks to Alex and Jono (FaramirsMomma and OnjoTheRed) for coming down to catch up and finally meet face to face.

Here are some pics of the table in action:

Left to right: Greg (game designer and adjudicator), Ty (French), Mark (Nannies), Alex (British), Steve (Prussians - eventual winner of game #1).

Thanks also to Greg for running the game and to Ty for bringing along the most magnificent force of Frogs!

The steam boats were provided by Nic from Eureka (as were most of the minis) and the control room machinery was built by one of the Eureka sculptors (Kosta, who is responsible for much of the Pax range I believe).

It was a wonderful day and I wanted to say thanks to everyone involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:41 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

like assumed at your first sketch this had to come out as a further stunning terrain piece. it's perfect and elegant! and seeing it in action is great. thanks for posting all the pics!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:02 am 
Administrator
Administrator

With all it's action it looks wonderfull indeed! Some weird mini's though... (not really fond of the frogs... but than again, it's probably a complete other concept then I'm used to)...

Is it possible that the bows under the bridge arent finished?

And if I can be honest, some parts seem like you had to finish them in a hurry e.g. painting/drybrushing the street-tiles all together instead of one by one as I'm used from you...
However, still mindblowing board mate! I could only dream of coming close to a result like that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:31 am 
Administrator
Administrator

You are absolutely correct Bart, I rushed the paint job on this in order to get it finished enough in time for the convention. I made numerous 'compromises' on the model - too many in fact, so now I can't look at it without wanting to break it apart and do bits again. The pavement is the first thing I will repaint.

The bridge suffered a little damage on the way home and some of the balustrades broke off. Which is ok with me because I wasn't too happy with them to begin with. So they're the next thing on the 'hit list' after the pavements.

Plus, I want to do the roads with cobblestones, do a more accurate building, make the water look deeper, and so on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:22 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Your far to pickie alan lol
wish i could have been there
im guessing this means the rules are availible now? if so where? as it seems it is a very hiliriaus game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The rules will be officially released by the end of this year and will be a free download. There will probably be a 'quick start' set and a 'full' version of the rules. Initially there will be army lists for Prussians and British, and possibly French and Native armies as well. There are even plans for Americans (think 'rubber') and Russians (pantomime horses), but they might take a while to develop as there are no models for them yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:02 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I want to blame my preoccupation with the immigration process for not having noticed this thread before but no excuse will suffice. I have been absolutely enthralled throughout. This has me wanting to paint Victorian minis. It's a masterpiece, nothing less.

I knew that I should have made the move to Oz a lot sooner. I might have got to see this in the flesh, so to speak. Imagine being there to watch the game unfold on this board. That must have been a treat!

I am truly in awe. Some of us find painting what they give us more than challenging enough and struggle to obtain satisfactory results. To make your own, incredible, terrain and then paint it to this standard is enough to make one green with envy. Super stuff, Alan, really.