All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:54 am

Post subject: The Lord Of The Rings The Third Age
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:02 am 
If anyone has played this game and can help me to defeat Sauron please put your tips here

thankyou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:50 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Oh boy, I'll tell you if I can remember....

Ahah, now I remember. What you do is use the morgul...morgul...morgul rust or something, whichever thing it is that eliminates enemies armor. Always use this on bosses. It means that you will do WAAAY more damage to the enemy. Then, once you've eliminated his armor, pound him with all your multiple attacks. Keep Idrial, Berethor and Eaoden out, since by that time, my Berethor could do ecthelion wrath and Eaoden could do a five-hitter attack, which was awesome. Use Idrial to heal and revive your comrades, and if theyre at high health, switch her out for Hadhod so that he can do stone shield, and if you have it, mountain shield. Thats the best advice i can remember...

DOUBLE WOOTAGE....erm, yeah.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:18 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The secret to beating ANY BOSS or hard monster in the later stages of the game is simple: Aura of the Valar. (This includes the Mumakil, Elite Trolls, Ringwraiths, Witch King, etc.)

This Spirit Power instantly revives a fallen character, restoring them to full Health and APs, and instantly allows them to act again. All you need to do is use Idrial, make sure she has both Aura of the Valar and Frenzy and you literally cannot lose a battle.

Sound too good to be true? Try it:

Idrial uses Frenzy, then casts Aura of the Valar on herself. She is then free to cast another spell. If the enemy ever kills her, she instantly gets back up with full Health and APs! Plus, all negative effects that she was carrying (i.e. Silence) will go away and she immediately gets to act again. With all those APs restored, just use Frenzy again, and make sure her first spell is always Aura of the Valar. Follow this up with either Loudwater Fury or (even better) Water Stallion, and you'll eventually wear the enemy down and defeat them.

If the enemy is strong against water-based attacks, you can pull off a similar trick by using Aura of the Valar on both Idrial and another character (like Berethor) with her Frenzy. Then they'll both get up and the other character can use their own attacks while Idrial uses the Aura twice again!

The only possible weakness to this would be an enemy with Dispel. However, I've never encountered an enemy that used Dispel after I cast Aura of the Valar, so I'm not positive if it cancels it out or not. Most boss monsters don't use Dispel though, so you should be safe.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:51 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Start with Morgul poison (that might be wrong name, the one who take away armour), and fight with Idrial (healing), Berethor (war cry or war call) and Eoaden (immune to paralyze) and use the spec attacks often (the ones who every person has, like arrow volley, eagle attack etc). Thats how i did it, but your characts might be a little different. good luck :D