All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:14 am

Post subject: bfme2 collectors edition
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:08 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

whats the real difference between them and just bfme2 are u still able to make your own hero mine is on its way in the post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:43 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Yes, you can make heroes on it. I think the major additions are on the back of the box, the inclusion of the dragon character/unit thingy seems to be the most prominent.

I think most of the special stuff is on the making of DVD.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:31 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have just bought bfme2 and I was wondering; Is it an easy game which you can learn while playing or is it best to read the manual. I'm asking this because the manual seems quite big and I've gotten a trauma from just looking at the Rome Total War manual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:41 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Well, I managed to pick it up and play pretty easily. The campaigns have helpful early missions which cover most of the basics, and there are fairly in depth tutorials if you're still stuck.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:09 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yes, I have palyed teh tutorials and I got all of it now. Just one thing: can you repare buildings? It seems i've only found some magic to do this, but nothing else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:18 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The only way I've been able to repair buildings was when playing online, and I find that very strange....
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:46 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

It seems that you just have to wait, and after a while, some dude comes out and starts repairing the building.

Just one thing that botters me: you can't have your men stand their ground. Really annoying with archers because or they run towards the foe to shoot, or they don't shoot at all :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:43 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Valdor wrote:
Just one thing that botters me: you can't have your men stand their ground. Really annoying with archers because or they run towards the foe to shoot, or they don't shoot at all :cry:

Exactly! That really gets on my nerves. Especially when playing online, and in some sort of fortress. They'll sit there, but they won't shoot. And id they don't stand their ground they'll start moving around and going off in random directions. They never did that before the RotWK patch...Should've left it like it was :x :(
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:36 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I have had this game for a while, and I haven't ever found this thing with the fortress. Have you installed the most recent patch? I also agree about the dragon unit. I find that it is a definte improvement, advantage (or sometimes a disadvantage) becasue it is such a high powered killing machine for evil armies. By the way, has anyone ever hit 100,000 command points on the skirmishes? The most I have ever got is 24,000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:57 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

24 thousand???

heck, my max is 1000, then it simply won't grow anymore. how do you do that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:01 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Its really easy. When you play a skirmish, you will see two tabs at the top of the maps when you are setting it up. Click on the 'Rules' one and you will see a 'Command Point Limit' option. Then you can change the limit to, 330, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, or 100,000. You can also change the starting resources. I always start myself with 4000 (and that is the maximum for that by the way.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:05 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I see...

Time to build me a massive army me thinks!

<dreams of thousands of rohirim charging towards some orcs>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:35 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

One question: how do you close doors of helm's deep, minas tirith and such in the skirmish mode?

I've tried selecting a unit and then right clicking on that-thing-to-open-and-close-gates, but it doesn't work.