All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 am

Post subject: The Lord Of The Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth 2 Tactics
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:17 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

1) Okay, okay. I have this REALLY big problem... I can beat any faction on brutal difficulty level easily with Isengard, but I cannot beat the Dwarves for some reason! Does anyone have any tactics for beating Dwarves?

2) If anyone is finding War of The Ring mode difficult to cope with on Brutal I have an awesome tactic that works with any faction on any level. Post if you want to know about it!

3) For some reason, I cannot connect to an online session because my login timer always runs out. Its so annoying, does anyone know how to stop it happening?

Cheers,
BOG

Post subject: Re: The Lord Of The Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth 2 Tac
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:41 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Beregond of Gondor wrote:

2) If anyone is finding War of The Ring mode difficult to cope with on Brutal I have an awesome tactic that works with any faction on any level. Post if you want to know about it!

Sure, shoot :P

I don't really know about the other things, i haven't been playing for so long yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:42 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

are they slaughtering you in close combat? give me some more detail into what they do and ill see if i can help, because i find them hard as well.

one thing i have noticed is the dwarf guardians surge forward and tie me up in close combat while the men of dale skulk around and shoot at me relentlessly. I cant kill them easily because my xbowmen are usual shooting for their lives, and the uruk warriors are doing their best against the warriors. I generally use warg riders to charge in and do hit and run attacks. dwarves arent as maneuverable as the other armies so use that to your advantage.
i hope i helped you a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:43 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Dwarwes tend to be a little (read very :lol: ) slow, so with warg riders you can outrun them and get fast between your and the coms castle to crush those little minimen on your choice of place :twisted:
Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:46 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Hear the sinister whisper of steel on leather? The quiet footsteps? You've found me.
Okay, I've had this game for years and Isengard is one of my favorite armies. This is my strategy, which has proven itself over and over again.

Step 1: Bring in 1 battalion of Warg Riders and 1 battalion of Uruk-Hai Crossbowmen for every battalion of dwarves.
Step 2: Charge the Warg Riders straight through the dwarves. Send a few volleys of crossbow bolts into the dwarves. If they get back up again and go after your crossbowmen, flatten them with your warg riders again while keeping up a continious rain of iron-tipped death. Continue until they're dead.

Against Phalanxes, who will literally MURDER warg riders, I would suggest having several ballista to blast them apart before they reach you. Fire arrows are also a good idea.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:03 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Yeah, that helped me out a lot as well. Dwarves managed to annilhate me when I was defending Carn Dum with Moria.