All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:13 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: what is your name on LORO
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:32 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I have a Human Champion named Thinod on the Riddermark server, but I am very rarely on the game.

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:28 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I used to play an Elven Guardian named Merkava on the Euro-Laurelin server since the beginning of the game. I thought it was a good name for a tank, and fitting for the game since it's also Quenya: "Merka" means "fierce" and "-va" means "of, made of".

Then one fine day last year I logged on and found I had to change my name. The connection to the armored vehicle was too much for the GM's. I appealed, but it didn't help. :shock: :-X :sad:

I tried continuing to play with the renamed character, but to my own surprise the situation was so annoying that I quit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:21 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I play a Dwarf Guardian named Josurr and an Elf Hunter named Elthreldis, both on the Laurelin-RP server. I'm new to the game having just started a month ago but have been playing very regularly and am now at lvl 29 (after deleting my first character at lvl 13 and starting from scratch as Josurr).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:42 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Location: On some battle field with 6,000 riders behind me yelling....DEATH!!!
I have a level 50 Hunter named Amdur, level 15 warden- Wingol, level 11 Rune-keeper - Gilhath, level 7 captain and a level 1 champion.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:45 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I've returned to Laurelin, so if you happen to see an Elf Guardian named Merilval or a Hobbit Burglar called Yamara, say hi!

(And 8) to people who get the latter reference without googling.)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Is this game any good? I've just downloaded the program and joined, but I've not actually logged in yet (heading off to work in a second).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:15 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Location: On some battle field with 6,000 riders behind me yelling....DEATH!!!
I enjoy it, you have to be a somewhat patient person though. It is not a just hack/slash sorta game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:54 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I’ve played it some, Alan. It is enjoyable, but I’ve found that as I’ve gotten older, I prefer to spend my time on things besides video games, beyond just simple time-burners in the airport and such. While it is free-to-play for the casual gamer, you do reach a point where you will want to upgrade to the subscription service if you want to continue moving the storyline forward and leveling up your character.

I still have my account and log on every now and then, but it has been a few months since I have done so.

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:10 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have a level 32 elven hunter on the Snowbourn server.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:34 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I have characters on Dwarrowdelf, Vilya, Meneldor, Nimrodel, Riddermark and Silverlode
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:55 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Dagorlad wrote:
Is this game any good? I've just downloaded the program and joined, but I've not actually logged in yet (heading off to work in a second).

The best thing about it is exploring Middle Earth, seeing the world come to life. For instance:

-I got lost in the Old Forest, and ****** off a horde of Black Hearted Huorns.
-met Tom Bombadil and Goldberry at their home
-picked flowers in the Old Forest
-I raided Barrows in the Barrow Downs for treasure, fighting off hordes of barrow wights, spiders and wraiths/shades, then traded the treasure for a sweet looking helmet and cape in Bree
- got drunk and passed out in the Prancing Pony (well, not literally, there was a little role play involved)
-I became a pioneer Dwarf base jumper by jumping off the top of Amon sul (Weathertop). With predictable results... Unfortunately, no parachutes were available at the time. :roll:
-aided a Ranger of the North in reclaiming Amon Sul, killing a cave troll in the process
-put Gimli's cross country running skills to shame by crossing the length of the Shire dozens of times delivering mail to lazy hobbits
-went skinny dipping in the Brandywine river
-drove undead from Agamaur (a haunted marsh to the east of Weathertop) on behalf of the Wizard Radagast

Next up: I need to buy some new content (am currently a premium player, have only spent £5 / 500 Turbine points so far) so I can explore the North Downs (where Fornost is), and Evendim (the site of the largest lake in Middle Earth and the Arnorian city of Annuminas). What I want to do most is explore MORIA and the Misty Mountains (you can visit Gollums cave!). But thats a long way off - they're high level areas e.g. lvl 50 to enter Moria.

If theres any cons that I've noticed so far (having played through the free content for a month and a half), its that the free content is very limited

-Money is capped at 2 Gold (but you can subscribe or pay 395 points about £4 to remove the money cap. Any money over 2G, you get back when the cap is removed).
-free players can't use mounts. Must subscribe or pay 95pts (£1) for the Riding Skill. Getting it then lets you use horses etc in-game without paying more in RL.
- you only get "three bags" in your inventory. You dont notice it much at low levels but as you progress you start to get desperate for more inventory space. Its expensive to increase the space
-ditto for the "bank" space. You can pay ingame for more space but it doesn't go far, and gets exponentially more expensive.
-some content is off limits altogether for free players. e.g. destiny points which can be used to pay for buffs or upgrade your "monster characters" in the pvp area (vips only

Its not unreasonable, but it does get irritating as you progress and learn more about successive features of the game, only to find theres an upfront fee which must be paid to use said features. I've been advised that its a good idea to get a one month subscription then revert to free/premium as certain features are retained by past subscribers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:58 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Update: Have deleted all former characters and have two current characters on Dwarrowdelf. I have a Dwarf Guardian (lvl 19) named Thordgul and a Human Lore-Master (lvl 14) named Fearhelm.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:59 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Update: Have deleted all former characters and have two current characters on Dwarrowdelf. I have a Dwarf Guardian (lvl 19) named Thordgul and a Human Lore-Master (lvl 14) named Fearhelm.
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:01 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I play on Laurellin a dwarf minstrel named Molgrin
My level is around 55

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I'm a level 64 Human Champion and latelly I've been killing spiders in Mirkwood and trying to save a Dwarf from the Dol Guldur dungeons (wich i failled miserably last time i tried).

Also have a level 30 (ish) Hobbit Minstrel that was last seen chasing Crebain near Gondamon, city of Dwarves, in Ered Luin.

Its a really fun game, mostly for the locations, and it has some cool surprises along the way, specially when you are doing Book quests (wich are mostly related with the path of the Fellowship).

While most of the stuff is blocked to Free-to-Play users, pretty much everything is unlockable with Turbine Points. Of course you can buy those, but you can also earn them In-Game, buy doing Deeds. These are mostly monster-bashing related, and take some time to achieve, but they are worth the time needed. With the points you earn you can buy new quest packs, so that you can do more quests and more deeds. The fact that they are account points means that you can use other characters to earn more points.

Using Turbine Points earned in game managed to buy Evendin, Angmar and Moria (that means probably over 600 quests, and a few instances and raids), bought the Riding skill (you really need that!), bought some extra space in the vault to store all sorts of Devlan Mud, and also improved my Champion a bit with extra Class and Race traits. Next I will probably buy Mirkwood or the Great River quest packs or an extra Character slot...

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:57 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Does anyone else play on the Laurelin-Role Play server? (I can't remember but I think I'm on the EU server). When I started I literally didn't know what RP meant so it was by chance that I found myself on a Role Play server, but I love it. Engaging in in-character banter with my Elvish counterparts in my Kin (which sadly disbanded recently) always cracks me up.

I have a few characters but the only one actually playable beyond the Introduction Zones at the moment is my ~lvl 38 Dwarf Guardian called Josurr. Send me a friend request etc if you play on the same server. For the time being I'm exploring Evendim. However I've not been online in a long time as I've been at Uni and not gone home for quite some time.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:54 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

UPDATE: Thordgul is now lvl 31, Fearhelm is still 15 but I have a new alt: a dwarvish hunter.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:02 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thathothos 21 Elf Guardian and Essenhorn Man Captain, Both on Firefoot. But I'm thinking of starting anew on a RP Server.

Dave
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:01 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Christianius - Elven Warden
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hey guys, may be a bit off topic.... But here goes: I've started up on Laurelin; have a Level 22 Human Captain. I'm looking for a nice RPing Kinship on the REalm, and I found one called the 'Black Brigade' But I've returned after a Week unable to play to find they have Disbanded :( And I find myself without anyone to talk to :( Any Suggestions?

Dave
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next