All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:52 am

Post subject: Re: Guardians of Middle-earth and LEGO LotR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:37 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

lol. Ya this new game isn't really the true lotr. They should make another game similiar to lotr conquest but a lot better.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:33 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

To be honest I've never really taken much notice of any of the LotR games except Battle for Middle Earth (which i racked up a good amount of hours on). However what I am looking forward to is the Skyrim lotr mod. .. but that's about it.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:49 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

New LEGO LotR screenshots:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news ... m-All.html

New spotlight trailer for Gollum and Gandalf:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news ... light.html
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:01 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I've just read that LEGO LotR will feature 85 playable characters, and will be an expansive game that will allow gamers to travel through all of Middle-earth. The game will feature dialogue from the films as well.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:59 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Guardians of Middle-earth has been priced and dated: expect to see it this December for 1200 Microsoft Points or $14.99 on the PS3. There's supposed to be a large amount of additional content. Interestingly, the game will also be available at retail stores for $29.99 with all of the DLC. I'm not sure if it will come on a disc, or if you can just buy redeemable codes at the store.

And two more games enter the fray, albeit not especially substantial titles: The Hobbit: Armies of Middle-earth is some sort of strategy game for web browsers that will be free-to-play, and The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-earth is another sort of strategy game for smartphones and tablets that will be free-to-play.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:28 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Personally, I think it's funny that WB closes down the LotR mod for Skyrim because they're worried it will "diminish the brand", and yet they have no qualms releasing titles like Guardians.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:47 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I've been playing guardians of middle earth guys, it is a really good game. A while back in this thread someone said that the trailer featured lotr characters who 'don't accurately represent their movie counterparts' but that's because there are only about 5 movie characters in the game. I'm a huge fan of Awesomenauts and League of Legends, and to me this game does not feel like a 'cash in' on the genre, it is a well thought out, well optimized example of a pc gaming being 'dumbed down' for the console audience. There is no in game shop, instead you create loadouts (like every other console game) which automatically unlock buffs for you throughout each match, and you buy one use potions to put into your loadout that you have to replace after each game. The best feature though is that the standard matchmaking lobby has a 20 minute cut off point in each game, meanign that, unlike in LoL, where you have to wait 20 minutes to initiate a surrender vote, in Guardians you don't have to sit around and get pwned for ages. The game is also more fast paced than lol, although matches can still last 45+ minutes if you play ELITE BATTLEGROUNDS!!! My only complaint is that there is already dlc but oh well publishers have to live. The game is awesome if you consider yourself somewhat hardcore.