All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:52 am

Post subject: Rise of the witch king
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:13 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hello everyone. Just wanted to know what you think of the new supplement for BFME2. The game incorporates a new faction-Angmar-as well as the other six. It also includes new troop types for all factions.

So, lets discuss it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:24 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I dont have the expansion yet (I want to concentrate on my first A/S mosules first - I would not revise if i had the game!)

It certainly looks very good, even though i hate the idea of troll battalions - they shouldnt be an 'ordered' race!

Angmar looks interesting, the Thrall Masters and Sorcerers will add a whole new level to the game.

I like the idea of the nine being a new 'elite' hero battalion, but what troubles me is does this mean there will be no fell beasts? Fell beasts plus nine nazgul in a battle at one time would be stupid.

That, the whole 'troll thing', and the stupid look of the whole Goblin faction are the only things that annoy me really - cant wait to get it! :D
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:35 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

BFME2: Bad execution of a good idea. Let's just say: The movies and books were better.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:21 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I love the expansion - Angmar is a really innovative faction to use and is very different to for men the others, although it can be hard to use at first. The hero creator has improved greatly and some heroes can become very expensive. The new narrative against Arnor is also great fun and a good introdction to the new facton.

Each 'old' faction gets an 'uber' unit to use consisting of several warriors although there is a limit on how many you can build. For example, you can build knights of Dol Amroth for men and Uruk 'deathbringers' for Isengard. There are several other new units such as Rohan spearmen and haradrim lancers.

About the Nazgul: With Mordor their 'uber' unit is a group of six mounted ringraiths. You can also build the Witch King, Khamul and another ringraith (these three can be put on fell beasts). The only way to go over nine ringraiths is if mordor has all of its ringraiths and if angmar builds the withch king.

Personally I love the expansion, many would say that it is unrealistic but BFME2 was not realistic anyway and a realistic version would probably remove any elements of gameplay from it. Go out and buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:10 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

It is good. The uber units are good. Maybe elves are a little overpowered now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:24 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

it good campaigns a bit difficult though. However the old factions have a new dimension of starategy with the uber units and the new factions work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:41 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

im getting it for christmas. what's gothmog like? he any decent?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:17 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

this game wowed me and disapointed me at the same time the angmar faction is prety lame but all the new units are cool and new maps more heros in war of the ring
i got the game the day it came out so its been a wihle scince i got it i do recomed it for lotr lovers and bfme lovers
4 out of 5

go try empire at war or the expancion forces of coruption
i never liked star wars that much but this game has good game play and u can fight on ground and in space
5 out of 5

GAMERS HAVEN
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:21 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hate to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone know if there is an option to turn off automatic forfeitting in the war of the ring mode? seems as if you either get trampled, or else the enemies give up straight away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:22 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I think its a good game, the new armies are really good and the War of the Ring mode is a lot better, the "Create-a-Hero" section is obviously better than the original but could be better, the World Builder tool is really slow though, i'd work out how to use it if my computer would actually do something when I click an icon in the program. The Angmar campaign is really hard as well, i've had the game since it came out and still can't get half-way through!
All in all i'd say that the Rise of the Witch-King is definatley a good game and worth the money. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:40 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

@Special Agent Dale Cooper: With the new patch you can fix the problem, it makes the computer reatreat less... so Its quite handy...

Well the Games is 4/5 compared to the other stratigic games...But overall a very very good game and I'd suggest anyone try it out :rofl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:19 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I personally cant wait to get it, but is rohan a new faction, cause the old idea with only rohan heroes and cavalry was kinda suckey :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:46 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

nope they are not... and im bloody sick with rohirrim amongst my gondorians... damn

They could have made armys like in LoME and it would have been so much more interesting...