All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm

Post subject: bfme2 collecters edition
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:24 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have just missed the sales for bfme2 collecters edition (£20)
and don't know whether to spend £35 on the collecters edition or £30
on the normal bfme2. Is it worth the extra £5?

Another option is to get the original bfme for £15
and this is the one i am leaning towards.
Need some help choosing please :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:11 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Defo buy the 2nd one. There will be more online players on there, as not alot of people still play BFME1 online.

Also, spend £15 on BFME2. www.ebay.co.uk
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:16 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

depends what you want really. If you want to play through the whole lot campaign from the movies, then get 1. but if u want to join the onliners, get 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:36 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks for the advice.
I am not really bothered about online play but from what I gather bfme2 has elves and dwarves whereas bfme doesn't. Are the dwarves and elves really worth £15?
Oh, and I don't use ebay M3lon, firstly I don't trust it and secondly my parents wont order from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:56 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

BfME 1's factions are divided into thus:

Good

Gondor

Rohan-Note that in this case Rohan is also allied with both Ents and Elves, being able to spawn 'Elven Archers'(which are a dual use unit, being able to switch between both bows and elven blades. The character model for elves is that of the Elves from TTT, who arrive at Helms Deep with Haldir.)

Evil

Isenguard

Mordor-Mordor includes black gate armies, the haradrim(in the form of the mumak and either spearmen or archers...i dont remember, and easterlings which function as mordors heavy infantry. On a lighter note, orcs have no cost when purchasing a unit, however, whilst they are weak, they tend to be able to outnumber the smaller good unit sizes at times.)

bfme one has much more smaller unit sizes than bfme2, with 5 men/elves forming a unit, 6 if you add a banner. The evil units are normally 10-15 strong, except for the human allies and calvary units(which number 6 w. banner), and of course any monstrous creatures such as mumaks ents, and seige machines are singular units.

However in bfme 2, as it details the war of the ring, it has 6 factions available to it, 3 for each side, they list as thus.

Good

Humans(minas tirith and rohan allied-rohans units are only heroes and the rohirrim, which were changed to a dual use unit(spears and bows))

Elves-obviously all elven units here, with elnaith, elven swordsmen, elven archers, and a new elven pikeman unit(ridiculously weak however.) However you basically get all the really cool elven heroes which you see in the movie, with Galadriel being the most powerful of them. Interesting to note here they they got rid of the Helms Deep armour and adhered to a more 'scouts of lothlorien' look.

Dwarves-the dwarven faction is a whole load of EA fluff 'nuff said. They look cool, but when you go to create-a-hero(overated hero building system) it can overpower dwarven heroes so much that they are nigh on impossible to kill.

Evil

Isenguard

Mordor

Mountain Creatures/Goblins-Another fluff group, they decided to mount goblins on spiders, and unit numbers get into the 20s.

bfme2 has bigger unit numbers, added units(obviosuly such as hobbits, men of dale, dunedain[however there are just recoloured rangers] etc] and a base building system which is reminiscient of other RTS games.

It all comes down once again to whether you like the movie more, or whether you want to play through the war of the ring, which wasnt covered before. Here in aus, its not that much of a deal deciding whether to buy bfme 1 or 2, bfme 1 is so cheap now( 5c less than a D price blister....popular game haha)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:44 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thankyou haldir strikes
I appreciate the info you've given me :)
decided to go for number 2 because of a lot of money come my way :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:45 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The thing the Collector's edition adds are also added in ROTWK , so get BFME 2 and ROTWK.