All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

Post subject: Golden Month of Hobby : an on-line miniatures competition
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:59 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi !

I am pleased to announce the opening of the fourth edition of the "Golden Month of Hobby", an on-line lotr-miniatures competition (painting, terrain, dioramas, conversion, sculpture...).
Like the previous editions, there are several categories, 8 sum-total : Single miniature, mounted miniature, regiment, oversized miniature, diorama, terrain, base and conversion/sculpture. Everybody may enter in, everybody may vote, at the single requirement to be registred on the site.

Last edition was the first with a price (a 54mm Legolas from Andrea's range) : another price will be awarded this year, adapted to the winner.

The competition was until now only french-speaking, but the site is currently being translated (main site is already translated, so you shouldn't have any problem). Several teams are already made : you may make your own team on the GMH : it's not compulsory, and you won't have more points for it, but it make the competition a bit more funny. (Contact me on this topic if you want to create a team). In the last edition, there were 91 participations.

>>>The website of the Golden Month of Hobby<<<

You can enter in until April 6th, 2008, but you are pleased to read the rules before entering in for many details.

We hope we'll see you soon

The GMH team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:14 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi!

I'm one of the two other administrator of the Golden Mond of Hobby. I propose you to create a team of your forum for the Golden Month of Hobby. The teams are created "for the fun", there isn't disadvantage or advantage but in the immediate future we will do a ranking of all teams, which would implicate a competition between the teams to be in the first position :D .

If you accept, we would create the team (The One-Ring Team?) and you will be able to rejoin the team in your profile.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:50 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi!

You can vote in Golden Month of Hobby until April 20th, 2008, if you are registered in the site.

Thanks!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:53 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I am sorry I missed this message. I hope your competition went well - the Andrea Miniatures Legolas is a wonderful model and would make a great prize.

Good luck to all who entered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:51 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi!

The votes are finished, the resultats are available in "Results".
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:05 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi!

I present the fifth edition of the online contest about Lord of The Rings miniatures hobby, the Golden Month of Hobby.

Like the previous editions, there are several categories, 8 sum-total : Single miniature, mounted miniature, regiment, oversized miniature, diorama, terrain, base and conversion/sculpture.

Everyone can participate, vote, at the single requirement to be registered on the site. Entries are open from the 27 September to 11 November.

This is the same rules as the previous edition. Last edition was the first with a price (a 54mm Legolas from Andrea's range) : another price will be awarded this year, adapted to the winner.

Several teams are already made : you may make your own team on the GMH : it's not compulsory, and you won't have more points for it, but it make the competition a bit more funny. (Contact me on this topic if you want to create a team).

During the last edition, there were 88 entries for 27 participants, with a maximum of 55 voting in the individual figurine category. There are currently 170 inscribed on the site. Here is a small overview some participations precedents Golden Month of Hobby (click for more pictures.) :

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

>>>The website of the Golden Month of Hobby<<<

We hope to see you soon

The GMH team

Last edited by Jagard on Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:16 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Ah, tres bien. Peut etre, j'ai besoin de sortir le doit de mon derriere pour entre cette fois.

Moi, je parle francais comme une vache espagnol.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:26 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

No, don't worry, your French is very understandable.
Just to improve your French skills, the expression you meant was "me sortir les doigts du cul". But pay attention not to say it in a too aristocratic discussion ;)

Anyway, you're of course welcome if you wish to enter
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:51 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi!

You can vote until Novembrer 29th, 2008 (23:59 GMT+01) if you are registered in the site (button Vote in the menu).
There are 111 participations : http://golden.month.free.fr/tri.php?edition=5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:15 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The resultats are available :

http://golden.month.free.fr/resultats.php?edition=5