All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 am

Post subject: Join the Middle-earth: SBG Discord Community!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:51 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Invite Link!

Good Morning!

Commissariat here, you might have seen me haunting the Battle Companies channels with Erunion back in the 2014-2016 range. Well, I've slowed down my presence here on the One Ring Forums where I was able to connect with other great Hobbit Hobbyists with the rise of the Facebook Groups as well as access to Discord where I can chat and speak with fellow hobbits in real time.

In that time, I've formed a Discord community that I would like to share with you. It was first created as my selfish means to play SBG with people across the country where I used to live in Roll20/Vassal/Tabletop Simulator. When COVID dropped in 2019, the server became a haven for people to get games in from quarantine. Now with COVID gone and SBG bigger and better than ever, the safety blanket of Tabletop Simulator has fallen to the wayside as live events are back in swing (for myself included!).

Folks have been chatting about the winning Ardacon & NOVA lists, sharing upcoming tournaments, meeting local players, and sharing battle reports with each other.

What is Discord?
Discord is a messaging platform where people can communicate in real time through text or voice (AIM sure has come a long way!). Topics get divided into channels, granular topics into threads, and big topics into forums where chat channels can be formed based on less granular topics under a larger category.

More importantly, it has a mobile app - which is important for me as someone on the go.

Are you trying to kill The One Ring?!
One the contrary. I love this forum and it is my favorite forum to-date (with the-waaagh forums as a nostalgic pick). I've been proudly hosting the One Ring as a community link since the server's inception, because here is where my online-discourse began! To promote cross-posting would mean promoting The One Ring, which is a win in my book.

How do I join?
With this Invite Link!

I hope to see you there while I am checking in with folks on my work break.
:frodo: :sam: :merry: :pippin: :gimli: :legolas: :boromir :aragorn: :gandalf:

(Also I need to update my signature; there is a Battle Companies Community Edition for the present-edition!)

(CE) Battle Companies 2016 Edition