All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:35 am

Post subject: Ebob Banner Bearer program
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:12 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ebob has announced a new initiative where you can help him to grow his business and get rewarded for doing so!

From his announcement...

Are you willing to help spread the word and get great discounts and freebees as a reward?
Not everybody realises that Ebob Miniatures is one man, me - just me. It's not easy to maintain the website, pack the orders and continue to sculpt the miniatures to the high standards that you want.
I need some help, and this is where you can contribute by becoming a Banner Bearer for Ebob Miniatures.

How does it work?
As a Banner Bearer I need you to collect orders from the people around you. Your friends, your collegues at work, players at your local gaming club.
When you have collected enough orders (and you can include anything you want for yourself of course) you can place the order in the normal way via the website. It's a good idea just to send me an email letting me know what you intend to order so I can check stock/availability etc before you place the order, I may even have some special prices for you on certain items.

Full details are here: eBob Banner Bearer Announcement

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:23 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Sounds like a great offer, sadly I don't have anyone other than my wife to play a game with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:16 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

That's a wonderful initiative Ebob! It's clever, it's safe and it's a good thing for both sides. Sadly enough, I'm in the same situation as BotWT. The internet is the only place where I know others who could be interested. That's quite sad actually, otherwise I would have tried to do this for sure...

Still, a splendid idea, I hope it works out the way you hoped for!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:30 am 
Yep great idea and I hope you do well with it. I live in a small town with a non existent gaming community, at least I have not found it yet so I am in the same postion as BotWT and Potty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:40 am 
Dark Lord of Moria
Dark Lord of Moria

Oooh you negative people !

I am sure a lot of our members will find this a great opportunity to get their hands on some of Ebobs fine miniatures.

@ Admin/Ringwraiths etc.
I am sure as a Team, we all fancy a few of Ebobs stuff. Maybe we could use this as a team, to gain some prizes for the OR comps ? Probably better off discussing this in the Staff Forum, but sounds like a great opportunity to me, to firstly and foremost support Ebob, secondly get our hands on some great miniatures (and lets be realistic, when he dies we will get £1000's for them :D ), and thirdly, offer our members some great stuff in the form of prizes !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:59 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

i would be up for that Brian , ive got an order in mind anyway , may aswell put it through you guys :-)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:57 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Sounds great Brian, finally a good reason for me to spoil some money!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:28 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

If you do the maths it's possible that even if one person places the order and then has to distribute to the others by surface mail, that you still might make a saving. £100 is only 5 people spending £20.

If five £20 orders came in as separate orders, that would be a total of £17.50 post charged (£3.50 on each order). A party order would only be £8.00. So you've already saved £9.50 on the post.
Now you can either have a further £10 refunded (10%) or spend your bonus with me and it doubles to £20 (20%) - so you could £20 worth of free stuff.

So you could save £19.50 directly, or by using the 20% to get freestuff, you're effectively saving £29.50.

PS: to the team - don't use this scheme to purchase stuff intended for competition prizes. Drop me a mail, I am always happy to help with comp prizes and I can either donate stuff free or at cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:34 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Sounds like a great offer! I'm going to have to see if my gamers could be interested (or my fiance to paint the figures for the sake of painting them!)

April: 0/3 choices complete

Yearly total: 50/74 models done O.o
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:03 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

DurinsBane growled:
Quote:
lets be realistic, when he dies we will get £1000's for them

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty! Or, (even better):

http://www.amachron.com/ODDBALL_SAYS.jpg

And now for the sad part. I too live in splendid gaming isolation (I think it has something to do with the presence of dogs, fortifications, assorted items of sharp pointy ironmongery etcetera.) There used to be a Warhammer/WH40K/Epic club in the city but it broke up after we lost the premises and some selfish gits ran off with the terrain and some of the armies... apparently they are still in hiding as they heard that I was going to get medieval on their donkey or words to that effect.

I wish Ebob the very best of luck with the idea and will continue with ordering more of those luscious miniatures when I can find somewhere safe to put them!

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:02 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I know lots of people who cant paint to save their lives/cant be bothered to paint so this would be a good place for them.....i dont like the thing about orders of £50 every 3 mounths......You see people down here dont get very much money and might not be able to combine to £50 in 3 mounths.....If it was changed i would definitly go for this deal but alas at the moment i wont be able to get that money for you ebob....you could think about changing it?

TheElvenLord
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:46 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

If you knew 5 people, they'd each have 3 months to save £10. I have to say, I normally spend more than that on Starbucks coffee in a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:34 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Quote:
If you knew 5 people, they'd each have 3 months to save £10. I have to say, I normally spend more than that on Starbucks coffee in a week.

lol :lol:

I think i could persuade 3 friends of mine. I still have to read the main thread, as i have only read this one so far, but i have been longing for some of your minis