All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:31 am

Post subject: Conquest 28mm plastic Norman Knights.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:02 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I found this on Tabletop Gaming News.
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/04/16/35336
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:01 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Ooh. Now, these could easily fit into Middle-earth... especially with a few minor modifications and judicious use of spare parts (shields etcetera). Well done for spotting that one!

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:04 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Found this as well a painted 3-up.
http://www.conquest-games.co.uk/[/img]
 Post subject: Re: Conquest 28mm plastic Norman Knights.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:01 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Found these http://www.conquest-games.co.uk/forum/v ... p?f=9&t=25
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:07 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hmm maybe use them as knights from some fiefdom of Gondor. Anyway great find :yay:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:37 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thank you for picking up on our online press releases and posting this here on The One Ring. Although these miniatures are designed with the historical gamer in mind, I can now see from your posts that there is an opportunity for a cross-over into the fantasy realms.

I have attached our latest press release photo for you to see the box contents in all their glory...

Dagorlad - if this post breaks your house rules, I do apologise. I do not know the proper etiquette for manufacturers to post on your site, so if you need me to contact you via PM or somesuch please drop me a line so we can discuss the proper procedures and I shall follow your instructions.

Kind regards,

Conquest Games.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:33 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hi, welcome to the One Ring and thanks for asking. The 'Suppliers' forum is especially for companies such as yours to post any press releases that might be of interest to our members, so no rules are being broken. While these Norman knights are obviously intended for historical gamers (myself included), they are clearly sculpted with the loving attention to detail that our Lord of the Rings hobbyists enjoy. With some green-stuff and perhaps some other bits and pieces, these models could form the basis for any human armed force in Middle-earth. Your update is much appreciated (nice picture too).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:36 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi One Ringers,

These knights are now on sale at our webstore... http://www.conquest-games.co.uk

We have some introductory offers, with the 5 box deal offering cavalrymen at nigh on £1 a piece!

Kind regards,

Mike
Conquest Games
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:56 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Saw them in the flesh at SELWG and they are fantastic. Mike, you do yourself an injusted, get some scans of the sprues uploaded so people can see the extra parts you get and not just the 12 models. At the show you mentioned the horse sprue, how much are they? especially as you get extra ariders in the set.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Those horses are fantastic, and with some putty, would be perfect Riders of Rohan, or they could do just as well as some men of Rhovanion, etc. Thanks for posting!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:27 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Looking very good!

Historical minis are often very useful for LotR players because the whole GW's LotR miniature range is more realistically proportioned than many other popular fantasy war games. While your Normans might look out of place in a Warhammer battlefield, in LotR they would be right at home.

As hithero said, seeing the sprues would be great. GW doesn't usually include too many (if any at all) extra parts with the LotR plastics, so that would be a big bonus for us.

-- Pasi
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:23 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I have had a measure up with a couple of LotR minis from my personal collection...

Riders of Rohan are a little on the small size in comparison to our Norman Knights and will require a bit of work to fit on the horses, but Rohan Royal Guard fit spot on. The horses we produce are very stable in that all four legs attach to the base (either by hoof or small clump of 'grass'), so take metals very well. The horses are the same size as Rohan horses but slightly differently proportioned - they are a little more barrel chested.

Sprue shots of the knights and horses will be up on our website in the next couple of days, and @Hithero, the sprues will be priced at £3.75 for a sprue of three plastic horses, discounted slightly for larger orders. These will be on general sale on 8th November, but can be bought a couple of days earlier if you attend Crisis in Antwerp where they go on pre-sale.

Mike
Conquest Games
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:54 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

We now have some pictures of our sprues...

Command Sprue...

Cavalry Sprue...

As you can see, we offer lots of extras on each sprue, which can give plenty of conversion opportunities.

Mike
Conquest Games
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:22 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

They look really good, perfect for LOTR in fact. I just wish there was more flexibility for that left arm. I am all for simple rather than complex to assemble models, but the option to do something else with that arm without major chopping would have made these a 'must buy' for me - Though well done on at least providing options for the shields.

If anyone has these yet, I'd be interested to know if those arms with shields attached are even somewhat salvageable without the use of spares from other similar figures?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:23 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi Xelee,

Thanks for the kind comments on our miniatures.

Each sprue has a spare left arm, so at least four of the minis from the box set can be customised with your own shields or whatever. Two of the shields have integral left arms, as designed, but I am sure with a bit of hefty knife work, the shields could be removed and your own ones added.

Regards,

Mike
Conquest Games
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:04 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Xelee wrote:
They look really good, perfect for LOTR in fact. I just wish there was more flexibility for that left arm. I am all for simple rather than complex to assemble models, but the option to do something else with that arm without major chopping would have made these a 'must buy' for me - Though well done on at least providing options for the shields.

If anyone has these yet, I'd be interested to know if those arms with shields attached are even somewhat salvageable without the use of spares from other similar figures?

Sorry Xelee, but the short answer is no, I've tried but just to much effort.
I can see why Mike has gone this way, remember they are Historical figures and the shield are held with straps (Enarme), rather than say Viking Boss. Believe me some of the Historical players from other forums can be very critical, not helped by the belief that plastic :shock: is the work of Satan. The separate shield and left arm look wrong unless you hide the back close to the body or use a bit of green stuff. These are the first set of plastics from Mike and he has said in hindsight he would have done thing a little different. To me the biggest error is the dead rider, that space could have been used for more shields/weapons (Gripping Beast Hirdmen) 12 riders only 11 round shields :no:
Now I know like me you use the Hirdmen, the left hands from the command sprue sharp knife and spare round shield job done.

These little things aside overall they are great figures. In my Gondor army they are being used as Pelargir Knights with Rohan Royal Knights stats my Dunland army warg rider stats and 3 spare unarmored bodies will after some work be joining my rag tag of Dunlending Horsemen.
Hopefully when Mike starts doing metal figures, he can do some small upgrades for these plastics. say shields, weapons and helmets.
Hope this helps Paul
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:11 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Paul, cheers for the pointers.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:47 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I got a box of these and was going to use them as some knights of one of the fiefdoms of Gondor such as Pelargir but not sure what colours to paint them any ideas :aragorn:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:57 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yeah, I picked up a box of these a while back, very nice models and the test one I did painted up a treat.

I'd love to see a set of infantry to match.

Actually, what are the future plans for the line?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:27 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I got two boxes of these to use as Théodred's Knights and Erkenbrand's Riders. They are great models and fit quite nicely alongside the other Riders of Rohan.