All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:22 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Green Dragon Games
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:19 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Location: Honiton, East Devon - In my base, shooting your doodz.
I frequent these forums quite abit, so figured a thread would be an ideal place for me to post the latest newsletter, discount codes and information as well as responding to queries from my favorite forum :)

For those not familiar with us...
Green Dragon Games is a leading ecommerce retailer of discount wargaming and hobby supplies. We ship worldwide (excluding GW which is UK & Europe only due to trade embargo) and we have plenty of deals on a regular basis on top of low online prices and our 10-30% discount off R.R.P! We also offer a model painting service to get your miniatures painted up to a standard that can only be described as "awesome". Our aim is to provide great prices, the best service, clear and fast dispatch times and an enjoyable shopping experience as well as community based interaction via our forums and events page.

And of course the icing on the cake... The website! Be sure to check out the November Newsletter (link on the homepage) which is a special "Middle Earth Edition"

http://www.greendragongames.co.uk

EDIT: Just thought I'd repost this announcement from my homepage... We can get any Battlefront or Games Workshop product, just send us a message and we'll push it through to the site for you to view...

Customer Notice: Number of Products On Site
While browsing the site you may have noticed that we don't have an over-abundance of products listed. This is due to our system recently going through a complete re-vamp and our price structure being changed. Throughout November we are re-uploading and editing all products with a lower price, fancy text and new images! If there is something you're looking for, chances are it's sat on our system waiting to be actioned, so do get in touch and we can push it through for you to take a look at. Once again, we apologize for any delays and have the Goblins working double-speed under the whips of their masters to get this completed.

- Model Painting Service also available.

Last edited by greendragon on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: Green Dragon Games
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:53 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Looks like DMS in on board for the painting service. Unless you nicked his pictures without his knowledge lol. Pretty nice looking website but you should change the image for the dwarf warriors as the box art is for the 24 model boxed set. Could be misleading. If you ever get more and varied stock in then i will definatly be making purchases. :rofl:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:41 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Oh yes, me and DMS are working together on this, he is basically handling all LOTR and some overflow Warhammer, but we're just getting started and I think it might actually work the other way round based on how chocked full DMS is atm!

Thanks for letting me know about the dwarf warriors, I'll sort that right out! When full stock is online I'll make a big announcement on here =]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:17 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Great to see a supplier that actually interacts with other hobbyists. I've signed up to your newsletter and can't wait until you have more stock.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:23 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Same here! I'll be sure to tell the world when its all there, also @EllieDoc - hope you received November's newsletter in one piece! :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:57 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Just thought I'd share this with you all, my article in the local paper.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:30 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

An update today, 16th October 2012, I have completely revamped our painting services page. You can now see a few examples of our work as well as a rough guide to pricing and a few awesome images.

http://www.greendragongames.co.uk/painting/

Last edited by greendragon on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:46 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

24th November Update:

The code "oneringexclusive" good for free shipping to one-ring members will be expiring on Friday 7th December. From Saturday 8th December there will be a new code I have yet to announce which will be good for free lord of the rings model with every order over £10. To supply this - I will be providing a wide variety of minis to compliment those with existing purchases from The Hobbit range (yes this does mean free goblins and dice again!).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:37 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

The December newsletter has landed http://www.greendragongames.co.uk/dec-12-newsletter

Just to confirm what that means for one-ringers. Code "oneringexclusive" for free shipping is ending on 7th December, so get your Christmas orders in before then! There will be another free shipping code sometime in the new year but while we wait there is the following code...

"This month we are running gift code XMASDRAGON - which will get you a free miniature or gift ANY order! It'll be something related to your order as well, so a free Space Marine with 40K orders, a couple of free dice with a Fantasy order or maybe even a free Goblin or two with Lord of the Rings orders. Totally lucky dip, you won't know until it arrives and the higher the value of the order, the better the gift too! So, why not take advantage of this awesome promotion this festive season - offer expires December 30th."

For one-ringers, the gift is even better than bog-standard orders, so a little extra on top. Whats more is if you combine this with code "oneringexclusive" you can take advantage of BOTH offers until 7th December. You can only input one code per transaction, so all orders will automatically come with the freebie if the above code is input.

The newsletter itself is packed full of interesting news and information. There's a small feature on Dead Marshes and some of his work as well as an article on the Pyschology of Wargaming. A good tea-break read right there =D

As usual, ping me any questions you might have and I'll sort things out for you.

Take Care!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:43 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hello all,

Bit of an update from us then - remember to check out the December newsletter if you haven't already, plenty of good stuff. We've also started adding comics to the site now, half of the range is up - the other half to come, check it out under books/comics.

We've posted some cool Hobbit pictures on our facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Dragon-Games/ give us a like as we'll start dropping random discount/free stuff codes exclusive to our facebook followers later this month.

We've now also launched a customer review section here;
http://www.greendragongames.co.uk/reviews/
This gives you the chance to write a review of your experience with Green Dragon Games, whether it be products or painting service or even just emailing to check the status of your order. A real chance to let everyone else know your thoughts, we aren't the big bad wolf that sucks up your money, we're friendly and just want more and more people to have a great looking army and all the tools to go with it. So get in touch, theres already a few coming in.

We've also updated our Work-In-Progress threads and added a few nice little articles over in the forum, so you can catch up with everything thats going down at Green Dragon H.Q while winter arrives.

Until then thats all the updates for now, January White Dwarf is up for pre-order, I've heard rumours of Vampire Counts, more Hobbit stuff and some 40k Ork things, but we won't know until it comes out! Crusade of Fire, Fellowship of the Ring and Wall of Martyrs are also on our pre-order section. Our twitter, if you're that way inclined, is @greendragonshop

Tara!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:53 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Just a quick public thumbs up from me regarding how helpful GD has been via PM. Very obliging in giving great information to a complete new starter. :yay:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:33 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hey GreenDragon mate, I want to start a Moria army but first I need the sourcebook! Rationality dictates that I'll be buying it from you :)
Just a clarification, if I enter the code oneringexclusive I get both Free Shipping and the gift?
Wow, this is insanely good!

P.S. Will you be adding more LoTR products? (there are bound to be more orders after the sourcebook, I know it lol)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:56 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

And another question, I placed my order and added the free-shipping code. I assume I can not choose the shipping method under the code, so should I check airmail?

(I assume, but wanted to be positive)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:21 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hey Constantine,
Greetings to Greece! Yes free gift and shipping runs out tomorrow, so you can get both as I type this but after tomorrow it will be free gift only. I've just seen your order pop up on the system and it will be by airmail anyway, so its all there and good :).

I will be adding the rest of the LOTR range (most notably finecast and more hobbit releases) as soon as I can, but as you can imagine I'm literally drowning in Hobbits at the moment!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:59 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks for your reply.

May I make one suggestion?

Although your website shows the price in different currencies, when I buy the item, I nevertheless have to pay in pounds via Paypal. Paypal charges a small fee for currency exchanges , ( it only added 0,80 cents to my purchase).
But if one's order is bigger and he pays in a currency other that the pound, Paypal's fee will be more substantial.
My suggestion is, if its possible to actually pay in our home currency so we won't have to incur Paypal's fee. I know that this might be beyond your control and I do apologize if this is the case, or if other parameters are involved of which a simple consumer (like me) is not aware of.

And another question: is it possible to order via your store metal Lotr miniatures (my incipient Goblin army needs bats, spiders and other goodies lol) upon request? I'd rather give my money to you than directly to GW!

Thanks you again fro your time.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:31 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Ah thank you for your suggestion, naturally I wouldn't have discovered this through my test transactions. We are taking a look at other payment options for implementation in the New Year as Paypal takes substantial fees from my end too! A card-payment system where you pay within the page you enter your address details directly on site. Unfortunately, this also comes at a cost - a flat monthly one rather than a % of each transaction, so we need to be sure that business is steady after the Christmas rush before this gets implemented. However, plans will now be pushed along knowing that it can cut out these international paypal fees too.

Regarding, metal miniatures, I have none left! We sold through our last stock of them. Its all finecast resins now - but the general consensus seems to be that the kinks have now been worked out and finecast seems to be what it was intended to be, really good sculpts. I CAN however get hold of bats and spiders and other goblin related things that aren't yet listed on the site...
ASHRAK, THE SPIDERKIN £7.20
GULAHVAR THE TERROR OF ARNOR £27.99
GROBLOG, KING OF THE DEEP £8.40
MORIA GOBLIN COMMANDERS £19.20
MORIA GOBLIN WARRIORS £12.99
DWELLER IN THE DARK £20.99

Sadly no batswarms or spiders by the looks of it, they are direct only.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:53 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

That's a real shame, I was planning, or at least hoping to get a bunch of metals, but necessarily I'll be needing one command and most probably some Wargs which fortunately you do stock :) :x direct only

But I seriously need to control myself lol. First the sourcebook has to arrive, then I have to assess the units and then buy them.

Thank you again for your excellent customer service :) My budget for the Hobbit box set is accumulating and I know for sure from where I'll be buying it!

:gimli:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:56 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I just got my order in! Thanks Green Dragon! It only sucks I have no time atm to assemble and paint.....
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:03 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Parcel arrived today - Many Thanks Steve : )

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:49 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

*happy dance* just arrived, many thanks 8) :D :D :D :D

Mid Sussex Wargamers
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next