All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm

Post subject: Re: Projected Sales Petition: Orc-Ward Battles
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have viewed some premises in huddersfield but they were not suitable, I am still on the lookout though. Games workshop will happily renew my trade license and they have sent me about one hundred pounds worth of sample/promotional models (it was funny how I mentioned that I will focus on lotr/hobbit sales but still I was sent primarily fantasy with one box of womt and some 40k).

I am still putting a lot of time and effort into this project though, hence the belated reply. I will keep you updated when I can and thanks for the help and interest.
 Post subject: Re: Projected Sales Petition: Orc-Ward Battles
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:27 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

UPDATE! :D

As things stand I am set to have a store opening on November 2nd in Slaithwaite, Huddersfield. I may have stock and be able to start trading before that date but for now that is the date I am planning towards. If anybody would like anything putting aside or just 'in-stock' then now is the time to mention it as I will have the fun of selecting £1500 worth of stock to get up and running (very excited!).

I realise I will have alot of 40k and fantasy to shift aswell so spread the word to all corners of the universe and known world :wink:

I will very much be a word-of-mouth business attempting to keep costs low but I will offer the best service I possibly can to fellow gamers and collectors via PM, E-mail, text and phone :gandalf:

Post subject: Re: Orc-Ward Battles
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:46 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Good luck buddy, it won't be easy but I'm sure you can do it :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:54 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks Thermo, you should come to the opening! I think it'll only be one train away from you on the ashton line and it should be a good event :)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:59 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

MoriaMadness wrote:
Thanks Thermo, you should come to the opening! I think it'll only be one train away from you on the ashton line and it should be a good event :)

That is true! Would love to support you pal. Will see if I can get a couple of us to come down and help out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:11 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Certainly would be willing to support a non-GW B&M store in the UK, especially with a discount to match or rival my FLGS.

Count me in for December.

VG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:10 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

VictoryGin wrote:
Certainly would be willing to support a non-GW B&M store in the UK, especially with a discount to match or rival my FLGS.

Count me in for December.

VG

See you there VG, where do you live pal?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:20 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Secured the business start-up loan today :D Placing 1st stock order tomorrow! I'm looking forward to meeting some new faces November 2nd, it should be fun :) An early report tells me that the large scenario to be played out will be the charge of the rohirrim against the mighty mumakil, so bring as many rohirrim and haradrim as possible. Pm me for more details at this stage, I will post an event notification in the correct forum soon

Thank you so much for all the people who have pm'ed and supported me through the initial stages of setting up this business, it has been really nice and I look forward to supporting you in return with hopefully the best service possible! Remember, I am always approachable and I will reward those who help promote.... Now fly you fools :gandalf:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:17 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Wait - are you going to have an online store?!

I can't make it to the opening due to distance, hope I haven't got the wrong end of the stick.

VG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:54 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

VictoryGin wrote:
Wait - are you going to have an online store?!

VG

Somebody else asked me the same question via PM so I'll copy my reply and edit where relevant :)

to cut costs I am not actually going to have an online store (but I am happy to take orders from online customers!), I am simply going to operate in-store via e-mail, PM and telephone (paypal, postal order cheque etc). I realise this may sound like a strange approach (without a website) but I would like to offer the best personal service possible and I am more than happy to list items on ebay to any unsure 1st time buyers, otherwise my One-Ring and TLA feedback speaks for itself, I send and it arrives!... I am a gamer here to here to help other gamers and hopefully at some point I can help you find what you are after 8)

I have a facebook group for the wargaming club side of things, anybody is welcome to join and use it for image-hosting or general info. In the group are people I've sold to and gamed with over the years so feel free to ask away any questions! When we start up a 'Tale of Gamers' Campaign (soon!), that is where the updates and images will be stored: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/102858379815743/
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:13 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

A little clarity on the large LOTR battle on Opening Day, since I'm running it. Essentially it's a What-if? of Pelennor Fields, with Imrahil leading the sortie from Minas Tirith to rescue Faramir and his rearguard from the onrushing hordes of Mordor. Warg Riders and cavalry from Harad, Khand and Rhun to the fore, Orcs and the fearsome Mumakil following up, with the siege train pressing on from the wreck of the Causeway Forts. Then, with a little good fortune in timings, Rohan arrives, smashing into the flank of the invaders (with the Grey Company alongside, since they had no need to rush through the Paths of the Dead). Let battle commence...

I should be able to supply everything needed, so no need to bring along any models unless you have a favourite company of Haradrim Raiders that you want to unleash on those pesky Rangers or a nicely-painted eored of Riders that you want to show off! The battle will be 12 feet by six, ranging from the walls of Minas Tirith from which Gondor launches its counter-attack, to the Causeway Forts and Rammas Echor at the far end, the ruins of which channel Mordor and affect their ability to reinforce the Pelennor. Pleasant farmland and the docks of the Harlond complete the terrain.

PM me or Jacob if you have any queries or desires for a particular command. The battle will be going on all day so feel free to drop in and out as you please - I'm sure that we can forgive temporary desertions if you're at the shop's till!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:02 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Just a heads up guys, this is the majority of the stock I would like to clear :)

hi, so this is what I have incoming:space marine codex
3 tactical squad
commander
command squad
3 assault squad
1 scout snipers
2 devastator squad
terminator assault squad
2 razorback
1 drop pod
stormtalon gunship
3 grey knights
2 grey knights terminators
grey knights nemesis dreadknight
ravenwing command squad
deathwing command squad
blood angels death company
sanguinary guard
space wolves pack2 chaos space marines
raptors/warp talons
terminators
plaguebearers of nurgle
bloodletters of khorne
daemon princenecron praetorians/lychguard
2 immortals/deathmarks
warriors
catatomb command barge/annihilation2 cadian shock troops
chimeraork nobz
lootas n burnas
stormboys
ork boys2 tau crisis battle team
fire warriorstyranid termagaunt broodwarhammer:Vampire counts blood knights/hexwraiths
vargheists/crypt horrors
skeletons
vampire lord on zombie dragonwarriors of chaos regiment
skullcrushers of khorneskaven stormvermin
light warp cannon/plague claw catapulthigh elf dragon princes of caledorogre kingdoms mournfang cavalrysavage orcs
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:07 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Oooh I need another stormtalon for my ultrasmurfs. Price plus postage for that and a box of tactical marines (providing it is a new box)?

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:43 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

skeletons? fantasy ? multi part plastic kit? if yes how much?

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:14 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

the frustrating this is how I feel myself being dragged towards 40k and knowing that the likely-hood is that I will soon need to collect and battle it instore! I already dont have enough time for my lotr models :(
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:28 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I'll be picking up the Space Marine codex at some point. Could also use Lootas/Burnas and Stormboyz for the nippers Green tide.
It's a shame you are 300 miles away. I'd have liked to pop in on opening day to see the mega battle. Make sure plenty of photos are taken :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:42 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I promise loads of photos :) I will always have them 3 items in stock ukfb, GW make me lol
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:03 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hey..first of all congratulations with it all. will def be keeping an eye out on here and looking forward to november. best of luck with ur opening and hope business will be booming
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:45 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Ive now taken my first order :) I have access to direct only and metals, this is good news. Bring on new releases! :legolas:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:50 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

MoriaMadness wrote:
Ive now taken my first order :) I have access to direct only and metals, this is good news. Bring on new releases! :legolas:

Great news! How do we get a price list? And is there discount from the standard GWS prices?