All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:48 am

Post subject: Host of Boats
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:39 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Got the navy blues 'cause you can't find boats for your warriors?

A number of folks have been on the search for boats to use in scenarios for a while now, myself included. Freebooter minis from Germany now has a selection of 4 medium boats that can fit 6-8 minis on 1" square bases. They are made of resin and kind of expensive, but a quick fix for those scenarios.

Thomarillion, also out of Germany has a nice bigger boat and some pictures of it finished with sails and rigging. Again a resin casting, but it looks great and I have one on the horizon.

Post subject: Re: Host of Boats
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:36 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

http://www.hourofwolves.org/?view=artic ... irShip.php Just found this on a hunt for naval battle rules. It's a good looking corsair ship. Just thought I'd share.
 Post subject: Re: Host of Boats
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:54 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Found a new shipyard: gamesofwar.net. Some great looking boats at prices comparable to other manufacturers for resin hulls. Medium sized to smaller vessels and some beautiful brass accessories, although of the powder age. The ribbing on the smaller vessels looks exquisite.

I finally did order some Thomarillion boats. They're on a long voyage from Germany, but should be here soon. :twisted: Pics to follow. Thommy at Thomarillion is a delight to do business with.

EDIT: They got here today, along with one very heavy bridge. (Canada Post always opens my big resin models from Europe. Consider yourself warned.) I'll take some pics and send my initial thoughts, then we'll see how she paints up. I also saw some pics of boats with kraken on them for Game of Thrones TV show. I don't watch it, but I really liked the "winged" appearance of the sails. Totally something I want to try for Mordor or the Corsair fleets.