All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 pm

Post subject: Best size of army? ^^
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:18 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

So... Usually games are between 500-800, but what do you think, what is the best point...

Personally I have found that even 500 points games can take a few hours when gamers are doing it relaxed... So, from the lenght of game, it would be enough... But it is also dull when it is simply impossible to get many special troops such as wizards, dragons, even fellbeast is on the edge...

800 points can have a lot of troops, but too long games are never cheering. So, lately i have been considering about 600 points. In 600 points one can theoretically take even biggest possible heroes (with some bravely), especially if scenarios are more "kill each other" than "capture a b c d e f g and burn g j k l m n... <__<

What do you think?
 Post subject: Re: Best size of army? ^^
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:15 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

In the first years 500 pts was the standard. After that, the game made it to 700 pts because of the hero point cost that became necessairy with warband rules. After that 800 pts became famous and right now I see many 600 pts tournaments. All in all, many people follow this thought you made.

Post subject: Re: Best size of army? ^^
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:57 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

1,000 pts will get you a 2.5 hr game. 1,000 pts allows you to bring the mightiest of heroes and also allows you to really experience the full complement of a faction. Thus, you get mighty heroes, cavalry and great foot soldiers.
However, as was already mentioned, 500-800 seems to be fairy common. If playing less than 500 pts, it's really a practice session and I don't recommend bringing a mighty hero. Imagine getting Dain Ironfoot getting killed right away. Your side will then have a major disadvantage at that point level.

Paul R.
DCHL