All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 pm

Post subject: Boromir model advice ... WYSIWYG?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:25 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hello,
A quick question about the Boromir of the White Tower model on horseback. If you used the standard GW model, what wargear can you say it represents if you were playing by strict what-you-see-is-what you get rules in a competition?

For example, would this model always count as having the banner of Minas Tirith, or could you say he just had a lance and no active banner? (The model in the rules has a lance option, and it says you can model the shield without it counting). If you wanted with lance/shield would you have to use an arm from a normal knight of Minas Tirith?
 Post subject: Re: Boromir model advice ... WYSIWYG?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:33 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

It is going to boil down to what you and your opponent decide. If you want to count the banner as a lance, that is up to you. Just be 100% clear with your opponent as to what it is going to count as. In regards to the shield, it would depend on how strict you are playing WYSIWYG. I love playing 100% strict WYSIWYG, but I also love converting models so for me it is a joy. For others, indicating to your opponent what war gear your model is carrying is sufficient.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:18 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Thanks for the reply. Do you think (from the appearance) it looks like it could be both the banner and a lance? The banner pole has a sharp blade on the end, so looks like a weapon ... or do people think it would be odd to attack with a banner? (With a banner and a lance I guess he'd be a good unit in the game, though very expensive).
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:59 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Actually, he can't take a the banner and a lance. Since the model does not come with a lance option, but has one included in the profile, I think people can treat the banner as a lance. For me especially I think the banner is really neat, and it seems a shame not to paint it up. My Boromir is modeled with the banner, but I always take lance and shield on him.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:02 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Thanks. I think lance and shield might be better value points-wise than banner of Minas Tirith, but was a bit reluctant to chop up the banner or buy another pack of knights to get the spare arm!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:08 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yes. I've found the Knight of Minas Tirith arm doesn't even look good on Boromir anyway.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:30 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

That particular banner doesn't look like a lance at all, but if we were to sit down for a game and you told me, I am using this model, but taking a lance instead of the banner, I would say Okay!