All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:04 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi

I'm coming back to the game after about 14 years away,anyways,my little one was watching The Hobbit the other day and i thought it would be cool to get him started on the game.

I'm picking up a large moria (and angmar) army on friday (with all the gribblies,minus the watcher which I will be picking up soon).

Any tips?

Also,any player in or around the swindon/Bristol area of the UK?

A
 Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:13 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Welcome back. The game has changed a bit in the last fourteen years. There as some new rule books out and a lot of new miniatures to contend with. Moria is still pretty alright I suppose. They kept their higher strength goblins from the Gundabad takeover and have a lot of tricky monster type units too. I recommend toying around in some 500pt games with a basic goblin horde and alternating monsters and buff combos. The drums, shaman, trolls, marauders, bats, dwellers, and so on work well in the right sort of balance with other units. I have seen some very effective spider based armies in the past and even a few that made good use of massed goblins and bats. If you have the books you should knock out a few lists based on the models you have over in the army help section and people can give you more specific advise tactics wise.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:45 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hello so nice to be back wanna know whats new after so long of not visiting kind of weird to ask and awkward is there anything who can update me either this could be so much help if someone out there does thank you and have a nice day

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:48 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hi am back for so long i just need some information about the game is anything or someone can help me out really need some help :sad: is there a new rules and new characters that can be sustainable and even help me out for this game?