All times are UTC


It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:46 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: General Questions Tavern
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:45 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 26
Location: Ireland
So in here I'm looking to group together questions and answer for game play, wargear and strats and so on -

TO START
I'm just going to break this into sections, its a situational type multi part question.

Question - related to throwing weapons/spears, for clarity im going to use warriors of rohan and uruk hai as my example troops for now

Q1.
If warrior of rohan with a throwing weapon in the movement phase decides to charge and throw his spear at his target, suffering the penalty to shoot value and so on, if he hits and kills his target and is now free to finish his movement, deciding to charge a second enemy can he throw the spear again, or is it just once in the movement.

Q2.
Again if a warrior of rohan with a throwing weapon chooses to charge and throw his spear at an enemy model, but this time fails to secure a kill, he now must finish the charge, engaging that model in combat, but if a second warrior of rohan with throwing weapon wanted to charge that same enemy who is now in combat, can the warrior of rohan throw his spear at the target, or is this disallowed cause the enemy model is now in base contact with the allied warrior who failed his throwing spear charge earlier? and in a reverse situation i would assume an evil warrior can throw his weapon still on the charge but follows the same rules for shooting into combat, that he might hit his ally model in the fight?

Q3.
Final question( i think for now regarding Throwing Weapons), If the warrior of rohan charges, throws his spear, and kills the enemy model but chooses not charge any other model that round, assuming he hasn't been charged come the shooting phase can he opt then throw his spear again in this phase, and if yes does he still suffer the shooting penalty for moving?
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: General Questions Tavern
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:49 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 26
Location: Ireland
Question regarding cavalry

Straight forward, when a cavalry model charges and enemy on foot he gains the +1 attack and knock to the ground rule so

Q1
If the cavalry model charges an enemy on foot but is then countered charged by a second enemy, also on foot does he still retain his charge bonus attacks

Q2
similiar to question one but in this situation the cavalry model has been counter charged but is now taken out of the original fight with the model he charged, in this situation does he still retain both charge bonus, seen as he no longer fighting the model he charged

Q3 if the cavalry model is charged to begin with, not having moved yet, by an infantry model, he doesnt gain the +1 attack bonus, but despite being charged he wins the fight, does he still knock the enemy to the ground?
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: General Questions Tavern
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:54 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 26
Location: Ireland
Control Zone Question

as i know it, a model may not enter the control zone of an enemy unless charging, and may not ignore the control zone of an enemy if wants to charge an enemy behind, long and short now skipping, you enter it you fight.

SO my question is
If i have a wall of uruks with shields supported by pikes, their control zones would inevitably overlapping, so if i wanted to charge and enemy in the centre of the shield wall would i have to essentially charge two enemies because I'm technically enter the two models control zones,
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: General Questions Tavern
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:04 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 26
Location: Ireland
Redshields Question

If rider of rohan is upgraded to a redshield by erkenbrand giving him a fight value of 4, when that redshields mount is killed and he finds himself on foot, does he lose the fight value bonus or retain it
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: General Questions Tavern
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:58 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 159
Location: United Kingdom
I'll have a stab at answering these.

Throwing Weapons:

SomeGuy wrote:
Q1. If warrior of rohan with a throwing weapon in the movement phase decides to charge and throw his spear at his target, suffering the penalty to shoot value and so on, if he hits and kills his target and is now free to finish his movement, deciding to charge a second enemy can he throw the spear again, or is it just once in the movement.


Just once per movement phase.

SomeGuy wrote:
Q2. Again if a warrior of rohan with a throwing weapon chooses to charge and throw his spear at an enemy model, but this time fails to secure a kill, he now must finish the charge, engaging that model in combat, but if a second warrior of rohan with throwing weapon wanted to charge that same enemy who is now in combat, can the warrior of rohan throw his spear at the target, or is this disallowed cause the enemy model is now in base contact with the allied warrior who failed his throwing spear charge earlier? and in a reverse situation i would assume an evil warrior can throw his weapon still on the charge but follows the same rules for shooting into combat, that he might hit his ally model in the fight?


Once engaged, a good model would be unable to throw a spear when moving into combat, however, as you say an evil model would be able to throw into a combat with the normal in the ways that would come from shooting into a combat.

SomeGuy wrote:
Q3. Final question( i think for now regarding Throwing Weapons), If the warrior of rohan charges, throws his spear, and kills the enemy model but chooses not charge any other model that round, assuming he hasn't been charged come the shooting phase can he opt then throw his spear again in this phase, and if yes does he still suffer the shooting penalty for moving?


I believe the ruling is; as long as the warrior is unengaged by the shooting phase he may shoot again, but would suffer a movement penalty.

Cavalry Charges:

SomeGuy wrote:
Q1. If the cavalry model charges an enemy on foot but is then countered charged by a second enemy, also on foot does he still retain his charge bonus attacks.


Yes, this is correct the cavalry model still gains the knock to the ground and the bonus attacks.

SomeGuy wrote:
Q2. similiar to question one but in this situation the cavalry model has been counter charged but is now taken out of the original fight with the model he charged, in this situation does he still retain both charge bonus, seen as he no longer fighting the model he charged.


Yes as he gains the bonuses so long as he has charged into an infantry model that turn. (This can be negated by moving another cavalry model into the combat.)

SomeGuy wrote:
Q3 if the cavalry model is charged to begin with, not having moved yet, by an infantry model, he doesnt gain the +1 attack bonus, but despite being charged he wins the fight, does he still knock the enemy to the ground?


No. he needs to have charged himself to gain any of the bonuses from charging.

Control Zones

SomeGuy wrote:
If i have a wall of uruks with shields supported by pikes, their control zones would inevitably overlapping, so if i wanted to charge and enemy in the centre of the shield wall would i have to essentially charge two enemies because I'm technically enter the two models control zones,


As soon as you enter a control zone you disregard any other control zones that you may enter, as long as your base does not touch another models then you are considered to be in a 1on1 combat.

Unit Name Upgrades

SomeGuy wrote:
If rider of rohan is upgraded to a redshield by erkenbrand giving him a fight value of 4, when that redshields mount is killed and he finds himself on foot, does he lose the fight value bonus or retain it


He retains it as he is now just a dismounted Redshield.
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: General Questions Tavern
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:56 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 26
Location: Ireland
Cheers dude this helps alot
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: