All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 am

Post subject: Shooting Supporting Models
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:34 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Really new player (never played an only just watched a few games at my flgc).

One experienced player said that a sneaky tactic was to snipe the middle supporting model out of a 3 vs 1 (or 2) fight with shooting and if successful this would change it to a 1 vs 1 (or 2) fight in the combat phase.

2 questions -
I assume this is possible for evil armies, but not good ones as they can’t shoot into a combat?

If the shot is successful and say there are 5 models in the combat in total do you randomise who gets hit or automatically hit the model aimed for?
 Post subject: Re: Shooting Supporting Models
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:58 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Both Good and Evil can shoot at supporting models. The only caveat for Good is that the good bow must be positioned at an angle where they have a 100% clean look at the supporting model (i.e, the bow is behind the combat)

If Good does not have a clear look at the the supporting model, he cannot shoot.

Evil can shoot at the supporting model regardless of the combat being in the way. If the Evil bow has a 100% clear shot at the support, they roll to hit as usual.

If the combat is “in the way”, then follow these steps:

1 - Roll to hit as usual
2 - if hit, then roll an “in the way” for the combat. If 4-6, then proceed to the supporting model and roll to wound as usual
3 - if the “in the way” roll is a 1-3, then you have hit the combat and from there you roll again to see if you hit Good or Evil. If 1-3 you’ve hit Evil and 4-6 you hit Good
4 - Lastly, if the combat is for example a 3 Evil on 1 Good, and you’ve hit the Evil side on your “in the way”, then you roll one more time to determine which evil model you have hit - this can be split up equally as you fit, but for the example I’m giving, it would be a roll of 1 or 2 is Evil model #1, a roll of 3 or 4 for evil model #2, and a roll of 5 or 6 hits evil model #3

Hope this helps, let me know if this clarifies it for you.

Post subject: Re: Shooting Supporting Models
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:50 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I think ja33 is completely correct, except at point 4. If it is established you hit Evil in a 3 Evil vs 1 Good combat, then you automatically hit the one closest to the firer, as described on page 39 of the rule book.