All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:05 pm

Post subject: Monster and portal
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:58 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

So i had a nice game with my mate last night where i played wit a dragon on my moria table. The thing is that there is a portal on an very important passage that the dragon cant pass due to its big base. So its no problem actually if it doesn't end its movement on the portal. But if one said it can only pass if its movement is enough to end its movement behind the portal then you could just block there with some models so that it cant attack them because it cant get there. What to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:52 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

That is a pretty unusual situation. :? I think if it's just a friendly, you should be able to get the dragon through (I guess it can squeeze it's fat butt through the portal, lol).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:02 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Quote:
That is a pretty unusual situation. Confused I think if it's just a friendly, you should be able to get the dragon through (I guess it can squeeze it's fat butt through the portal, lol).
Uhhm ye but what about the thing with enemy models blocking that it cant attack?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:26 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

So if i move the dragon through i just place it in contact with the portal or can it move on? And if there are say 3 dwarfs on the other side of the portal so that there isnt space to place the dragon on the other side, what to do? Is it like defending an obstacle with multiple defenders although they arent in contact with the portal and the portal actually isnt an obstacle for the dragon (but for his base)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:14 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Mabye i understood something wrong.. but if you look on page 58 on the rulebook under "Defending" 4th paragraph it say:

The one rulebook wrote:
In some situations you might find it impossible to place the combatants in narrow gaps so that they touch base-to-base, this tends to happen where walls are thick and doors are narrower then the model's base. In these cases, the charger is simply placed as far forward as possible in the same way as models fighting over a barrier

Does this answer your question?

-The silmarillion by J.R.R Tolkien, first line-
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:20 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

It is still pretty "loose" understanding of what the text actually wants to say... i.e it´s hard to read a specific rule out of it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:34 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Mouth-of-Sauron wrote:
It is still pretty "loose" understanding of what the text actually wants to say... i.e it´s hard to read a specific rule out of it...

I agree... like if a mumak would stand like 50cm from a warrior and he cant get through he suddenly has a range of 50cm :-D

Ok mabye that was a little extreme but... i would suggest just handling the fight as a fight over a barrier.. even though it is pretty "loose" indeed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:49 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Quote:
The one rulebook wrote:
In some situations you might find it impossible to place the combatants in narrow gaps so that they touch base-to-base, this tends to happen where walls are thick and doors are narrower then the model's base. In these cases, the charger is simply placed as far forward as possible in the same way as models fighting over a barrier

Does this answer your question?

Well thats what i thought but what if the enemy model doesnt touch the gate/barrier and what if there are more then one enemy model? So the dragon would have to fight all to move to the defenders position if he kills em due to his huge base that as far as i know is mumak size. So would that mean all models that need to be killed to place the dragons base are drawn to the gate/portal and count as multiple defenders?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:55 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

[quote="Azrael]Well thats what i thought but what if the enemy model doesnt touch the gate/barrier and what if there are more then one enemy model? So the dragon would have to fight all to move to the defenders position if he kills em due to his huge base that as far as i know is mumak size. So would that mean all models that need to be killed to place the dragons base are drawn to the gate/portal and count as multiple defenders?[/quote]

Hmmm well yeah then the game is pretty much done... this happens in quite a lot of situations.. like when you are sieging and cant get up on a wall and the defender wont get down and none of you have ranged.. :shock: normally at this point i would try to find a solution with my opponent. After all the game is for fun and if nothing happens and both sides just stand there for like 5 turns then thats pretty boring.