All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 pm

Post subject: Generic wraith as a named wraith
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:11 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on using the generic wraith models for named wraiths. I want to use the knight of umbar but prefer the generic wraith models. As he is the only wraith in the force is it acceptable to use one of those models
 Post subject: Re: Generic wraith as a named wraith
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:49 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

David7 wrote:
Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on using the generic wraith models for named wraiths. I want to use the knight of umbar but prefer the generic wraith models. As he is the only wraith in the force is it acceptable to use one of those models

in friendly games is not a problem. In tournaments, however, you may want to double check if such a proxy is allowed. It doesn't help that the Knight is quite different from the generic wraith, since he's got visible armor and an helmet rather the hood which gives him a unique appereance.
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:20 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yep, Not a problem in home games. For tournys, you have to check with the organizer. In the states due to lack of players, most leagues are pretty lenient. The European leagues tend to be more strict about proxy use. But those are generalizations.
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:03 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks. Will probably get the actual model then just in case
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:39 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I know that in Canada we have a rule that a model can represent any version of itself (so Galadriel Lady of Light model can also be used as Lothlorien's Galadriel). Worth double checking with Nazgul since they are an odd case
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:09 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

What about the original witch king model. Is it OK to equip him with the crown of morgul?
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:24 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Again, up to the tournament organizer. I know personally, since I make my minis according to What you see is what you get (WYSIWYG), I would say no, he needs to have the crown on his head. HOWEVER, as long as it is 100% clear to your opponent which is the wiki (short for WItch KIng) I would let go of my game snobbery and just enjoy the game. At the end of the day, as pointed out by mr.dude, the Wiki is the Wiki no matter what blister he comes in. I would rather you field the original wiki and tell me, "he is wearing the morgul crown" as opposed to grabbing a gimili out of your collection and telling me, "he is the wiki wearing the morgul crown." Know what I mean? Sometimes I think WYSIWYG was just a ploy to push sales.