All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 am

Post subject: Battle Companies and Rivendell
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:40 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

We are looking to buy new weapons upgrades for the Rivendell company. The BC book states we can buy whatever we want for the models at the cost listed in that book and to know what the models can have to look in the black rule book under their profiles. I did and have the following questions:

Rivendell Captains have horses in their profile, but warriors do not have the option, Rivendell's non-heroic cavalry are the Rivendell knights. Can a BC hero buy a horse for 2 influence points? I know K would love a mounted hero, so I might allow her to mount only her heroes as a house rule.

Shields are not listed for purchase under equipment, yet elves can buy them in the regular rules. Could elves buy shields at the cost of a normal weapons upgrade and add +1 to their defense as normal?

Post subject: Re: Battle Companies and Rivendell
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:10 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

From memory, there are two possibilities for purchasing equipment:

-If the model is a warrior (non-hero), they can purchase whatever they are normally able to purchase. For example, an Iron Guard would have no wargear options, while most warriors would have the option for a shield, spear and bow or so.

-If the model is a hero, they can use any of the wargear available to any warrior in their entire armylist. The armylist in question is not the current warband, but rather whatever is on their faction's page in the Battle Company book. This means an Uruk-hai hero can have a two-handed weapon (as Berserkers carry them), and a Rivendell hero can have a horse and lance (as the Knights have those). An Elf warrior can however not purchase these items, as they are restricted to their normal equipment (as per the first point). Heroes then pay the cost listed in the BC book, and are supposedly unable to equip any wargear not in that table (e.g. heroes with no armour cannot purchase normal or heavy armour from the looks of things). Shields should be in there though...
 Post subject: Re: Battle Companies and Rivendell
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:05 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Interesting. I think I'll let K mount up, especially since I'm not looking forward to trying to cut those little hands so a spear fits though them.

Thanks Coenus.