All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 pm

Post subject: Various Questions
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:29 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Dear honored masters of rules!

I have some questions me and my guys are constantly struggling with. Would be great if you see the possiblity to drop me a few lines:

Special Rules:

1. If a model with multiple attacks that has the 'Lord of the West' special rule and is in range of a banner makes duel rolls, does this mean it can re-roll only a single D6 or two D6 to determine who wins the fight?

2. Does the 'Lord of the West' special rule stack with the magical power 'Enchanted blades'? So in other words, when making rolls to wound, does the model with 'Lord of the West' and 'Enchanted blades' cast upon re-roll A) all failed to would rolls only once or B) all failed to would rolls + one additional re-roll for 'Lord of the West'?

Wargear:

3. P. 89 of the rulebook states that a banner 'must be flying in order for its bearer's allies to gain the benefits of it'. How exactly is it treated as wargear? We assume at least one hand is necessary to wield it actively. Some players however buy for their banner bearer also a shield and spear (if possible) and choose to use the benefits from these wargears in combats as well. If possible, does the banner then still bring it's benefits for fights, when the warrior wielding it fights with spear and/or shield?

Magical Powers:

4. Can a caster of magical powers target specifically only a mount and does this mean that the rider could not use will points or make courage tests to resist it?

Brutal Power attacks:

5. The rulebook states that all models a model is being hurled through suffer one strength 3 hit. If a model is being hurled through a Cavalry model, the model suffers the hit on both the rider and the mount. If they survive, they are knocked prone.
Now if a model is being hurled through a mounted hero with the 'Horse Lord' special rule, can the hero use it's fate points to prevent the wounds on himself and his mount and thus avoid being thrown of his horse?

Many thanks for your feedback and
take care!

RammasEchor

Edit: Thanks so far for the answers - some Clarification on No. 5.

Last edited by RammasEchor on Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: Various Questions
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:36 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello RammasEchor,

I hope I can help you with all your questions. At least I will try.

1. Yes, you may reroll 2 dice. But not the same one twice.
2. No, you may reroll only once. You can't reroll a reroll.
3. As far as I know that is possible (spear and shield, with banner, if the options are there for the warrior profile in case). The bannerbearer has a -1 on his duel roll if I remember correctly.
4. A caster can target the mount (at least for some spells, not sure if that can happen alltime), but the rider may resist. So only damaging spells make sense to target the mount if you want to harm it. For moving it, it doesn't matter and I think you have to cast the rider, but I'm not sure about that.
5. Yes, he can. But it's not very usefull, because if he is dismounted (which he is by being hurled), he lost his horse. Horses run away without their rider.