All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 pm

Would you add Denethor to your winning army?
Always - He has good enough stats 45%  45%  [ 9 ]
Never - it's a waste of a valuable 30 points 20%  20%  [ 4 ]
Just once to try it - not to win with it 35%  35%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:05 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

1) sorry Mouth of Sauron, but will of iron is not available since GW simplified magic for the orb, it always confused me with the old rules though, how gandalf the grey managed to wind up with the better will restorer than gandy the white....

2)
whafrog wrote:
MuslimRohirrim wrote:
Right, but also sometimes rules of the game may be somehow manipulated just for sake a of a good game for this character I think.

Sometimes they manipulate the profiles to reflect the likely outcome of the story. Sometimes I like it, sometimes not. For example, I have no problem with Boromir having two profiles, one before the Ring affects him, and one after. But giving Gil-Galad or Elendil 1 Fate just because they died at the last battle doesn't make sense to me. What about all the battles before that? Using that logic, any battle set earlier in the second age should mean GG's invincible or something. Silly.

Seems to me a profile should reflect the character's native abilities, and should not reflect the outcome of a single scenario unless, as with Boromir, there are multiple profiles based on certain other conditions.

Finally, a like-minded person! I have always thought this way stupid, I mean, come on, Gil-galad and Elendil were killed by ^$*&$)(! Sauron, not some lucky orc. How many arrows did boromir end up with stuck in him? does Théodred not have enough going against him in the fords of isen scenario? look at poor Háma, i wouldn't take him over a captain, even for bodyguard, he has the same might and no fate! I thinks this is one of the biggest problems with GW's profiling (pre-stats-creep, now its just too stupid for words - a bunch of pirates in baddy trousers are better fighters than the highly disciplined warriors of Gondor!? *£^&! that!) rant over

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:32 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

What do you mean that he doesn´t have "The Will of Iron" ????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:43 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Of course it stil exists , it;s just called Strengthen Will now ...
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:23 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

HEEEEEWH

I was already getting nervise...

But "Strenghten Will" hase the same effect doesn´t it?
Only that the Grey one has a bit more probleems casting it :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:11 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Mouth-of-Sauron wrote:
HEEEEEWH

I was already getting nervise...

But "Strenghten Will" hase the same effect doesn´t it?
Only that the Grey one has a bit more probleems casting it :roll:

strengthen will gives a will point to the model it is used on. like gandalf the white used to have, and yes the grey has more trouble casting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:28 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Heeewh you guys maid me worried :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:09 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

the director wrote:
every turn gandalf spends keeping denthor in check is a turn my men of the east don't get blasted left right and center. to be honest thats fine with me

LOL you Make me laugh, THats a good one. Not only that its true

I would much rather have gandalf preoccupied with dealling with denethor than with being a bothersome nuiscance. (mind you that would give me an excuse to DEAL with him nudge nudge black dart nudge nudge :D :D :D :D :D :D
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:18 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

tirno.alyanorno wrote:
1) sorry Mouth of Sauron, but will of iron is not available since GW simplified magic for the orb, it always confused me with the old rules though, how gandalf the grey managed to wind up with the better will restorer than gandy the white....

2)
whafrog wrote:
MuslimRohirrim wrote:
Right, but also sometimes rules of the game may be somehow manipulated just for sake a of a good game for this character I think.

Sometimes they manipulate the profiles to reflect the likely outcome of the story. Sometimes I like it, sometimes not. For example, I have no problem with Boromir having two profiles, one before the Ring affects him, and one after. But giving Gil-Galad or Elendil 1 Fate just because they died at the last battle doesn't make sense to me. What about all the battles before that? Using that logic, any battle set earlier in the second age should mean GG's invincible or something. Silly.

Seems to me a profile should reflect the character's native abilities, and should not reflect the outcome of a single scenario unless, as with Boromir, there are multiple profiles based on certain other conditions.

Finally, a like-minded person! I have always thought this way stupid, I mean, come on, Gil-galad and Elendil were killed by ^$*&$)(! Sauron, not some lucky orc. How many arrows did boromir end up with stuck in him? does Théodred not have enough going against him in the fords of isen scenario? look at poor Háma, i wouldn't take him over a captain, even for bodyguard, he has the same might and no fate! I thinks this is one of the biggest problems with GW's profiling (pre-stats-creep, now its just too stupid for words - a bunch of pirates in baddy trousers are better fighters than the highly disciplined warriors of Gondor!? *£^&! that!) rant over

WEEEEEELLLLLL if you live in the slums of a city infeted with assasins and pirates you do tend to become a better fighter that a trained warrior also dont forget corsairs may not be diciplined but they deffinently are trained