All times are UTC

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:45 am

Post subject: Morgul Stalkers
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:03 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello

I am considering adding some Morgul Stalkers to my Mordor army and want to know what peoples oppinions are about them. What is good? what is bad. Any tactics or experiances would be nice. And most importantly, are they worth their points?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:53 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well they have pretty solid attacks and combine that with high strenght- then they are like Besererkers but they have a low fighting skill and not very remarkabel defence or courage either and the defence is avearage...

The "Elven cloack" makes them like stelath units and can provide some cool tactical possibilities (you know like the swat team or something)

But IMO they are overpriced-> the elven cloack doesn't compensate the fact that they can get easely piced off in a fight...

But if Id use them, then i would use about 3-9, that should be enough but I ten to use Giant spiders instead :rofl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:28 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I've never used Morgul Stalkers but since they have the Elven Cloak rule I can tell you one thing: They're specifically desinged to be stealth units (so maybe I do have some experience with this, cause Hasharii work the same way..). Units like this are not supposed to be with the main force (i.e. charging straight into combat), but rather you should have them slink around the battle field picking off those annoying archers and banner bearers (heroes are good assassin targets too, but since the Morgul Stalkers can be easily taken out in a fight means they probably aren't good enough for this.

Hope this helps. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to discourage you from getting them (you can get whatever you want!), I'm just giving you an idea of what they might be like on the battlefield.