All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:50 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 

Would you use the rules if you bought ebobs wild men?
yes 58%  58%  [ 7 ]
no 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Yes but with a few alterations 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Wild Men Rules
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:10 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

After re-reading the part of RoTK with the Wild Men in i decided to make some rules for hopefully the new range hes making of Wild Men. pages 116-119 i think have the Wild Men in.

Wild Men of the Woods Points Value 8

F S D A W C
Wild Man 3/3+ 4 2 1 1 3

Wargear
The base profile for a Wild Man includes rocks or clubs (count as sword).
He can be given additional equipment at the following cost:
Bow 1 pt
Blow Pipe 1 pt
Poisoned Arrows/darts 1 pt

Bow. Bows made by the Wild Men are built for hunting in the forest, where they can easily use stealth to get close so a long range is not necessary. They have strength 3 and a range of 18”/42cm.

Blow Pipe. The Blow Pipes made by the Wild Men are deadly at close range. They have strength 4 and a range of 6”/14cm

Poisoned Arrows/darts. The arrows and darts are often dipped in poison, so if the arrow/dart doesn’t kill the prey the poison will. If the arrow/dart does not wound the model(or if it takes 1 wound of a hero and does not kill him) then for the remainder of the game. After every turn roll a D6 if it’s a 6 the model has been killed by the poison.

Special Rules
Stealth. The Wild Men have lived in the woods for many years and know all the routes like the back of their hand. When a woods/forest Wild Men can only be shot if they are within half the normal shooting distance of the weapon. They also ignore difficult terrain.

Gorgun Rage. The Wild Men hate Gorgun (orcs) and if orcs are near the Wild Men will go into a mad frenzy. When charging any type of orcs Wild Men roll a D6 for every model in base contact. On the result of 6 the model gains +1 attacks to their characteristics.

Wild Men Chieftain. Points Value 35

F S D A W C Might: 2
Wild Man Chieftain 4/3+ 4 2 2 2 4 Will: 1
Fate: 1
Wargear
The base profile for a Wild Man Chieftain includes rocks or clubs (count as sword).
Bow 5 pt
Blow Pipe 5 pt
Poisoned Arrows/darts 5 pt
Leather Clothing 5 pt

Bow. Bows made by the Wild Men are built for hunting in the forest, where they can easily use stealth to get close so a long range is not necessary. They have strength 3 and a range of 18”/42cm.

Blow Pipe. The Blow Pipes made by the Wild Men are deadly at close range. They have strength 4 and a range of 6”/14cm

Poisoned Arrows/darts. The arrows and darts are often dipped in poison, so if the arrow/dart doesn’t kill the prey the poison will. If the arrow/dart does not wound the model(or if it takes 1 wound of a hero and does not kill him) then for the remainder of the game. After every turn roll a D6 if it’s a 6 the model has been killed by the poison.

Leather Clothing. The rarest of materials are kept for the leaders and Chieftains of the Wild Men. Leather Clothing is a weak armour which is given to their leaders. Leather Clothing adds +1 to the Wild Mans defence.

Special Rules
Stealth. The Wild Men have lived in the woods for many years and know all the routes like the back of their hand. When a woods/forest Wild Men can only be shot if they are within half the normal shooting distance of the weapon. They also ignore difficult terrain.

Gorgun Rage. The Wild Men hate Gorgun (orcs) and if orcs are near the Wild Men will go into a mad frenzy. When charging any type of orcs Wild Men roll a D6 for every model in base contact. On the result of 6 the model gains +1 attacks to their characteristics.

Wild Men Drum Points Value 150

F S D A W C
Drum -/- - 10 - 3 -
Wild Man 3/3+ 4 2 1 1 3

Wargear
The base profile for a Wild Man includes rocks or clubs (count as sword).

Special Rules

Wild Men Drummers. Wild Men Drummers are used in exactly the same way as Moria Goblin drummers except for the following rule.
• When rolling for Gorgun rage the dice roll is lowered from a 6 to a 5+ for the remainder of the turn.

Ghan-Buri-Ghan Points Value 60

F S D A W C Might: 3
Ghan-Buri-Ghan 5/3+ 4 3 2 3 5 Will: 1
Fate: 1
Wargear
The base profile for Ghan-Buri-Ghan includes rocks or clubs (count as sword) and leather clothing armour.
Bow 5 pt
Blow Pipe 5 pt
Poisoned Arrows/darts 5 pt

Special Rules

Agility. Ghan-Buri-Ghan is lethal when in difficult terrain. He uses the terrain to his advantage. When Ghan-Buri-Ghan is outnumbered in a fight that is in difficult terrain he can either choose to fight normally but with +1 attacks or retreat 6”/14cm without fighting.

Tell me what you think. If anything needs tto change or everything?

sorry about the avatar ive changed it now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:02 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

awesome!!!!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:07 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Location: The name says it all- The Eastfold (Thats the one in Newcastle btw)
yup! they sound very good- good work 8)

and visit www.freewebs.com/grimboldgallery

and visit www.the-white-city.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:55 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks for the reply's i was wondering if anyone was going to. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:59 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Instead of drums why not replace them with 'Watch Stones'. As explained in the book of Unfinished Tales-

Quote:
They made also images of themselves and placed them at the entrances to tracks or at turnings of woodland paths. These they called 'watch stones' of which the most notable were set near the Crossings of Teiglin, each representing a Druadan (wild man), larger that life sitting upon a dead orc. These figures served not merely as insults to their enemies; for the orcs feared them...

p 490 Unfinished Tales

maybe you could include some form of magic user too- just a couple of thoughts :)

The rules are cool btw, does ebob plan to make them?

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:21 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The stones are a good idea but you cant move stones like drums. The magic was something i was considering. Something like a shaman or old wizard guy maybe. I dont think ebob plans to make rules. Just let us make our own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:46 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Maybe you could deploy the stones before the game starts...?

I was just wanderin if ebob was planning on making the models :) sorry wasn't very clear above as usual :roll:

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:00 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I agree that it would be a good idea for watch stones to be used but sadly I haven't seen the moria goblin drum's rules. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:27 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Yeh he has made 1 model and i think hes making more. Thats why i decided on making the rules. And about the stones if u deployed them then the enemy would just attack around them and avoid them. But im sure i can find a way around that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:10 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

But avoiding them could be an advantage in itself! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:25 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hmm i suppose so. By the way if you want to see them click the link on the bottom left to see ebobs wildmen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:03 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Uhmm they actually have official rules now if you didn't know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:53 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I think they know, this thread is 3 years old :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:55 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The_Rhinosaurous, try to pay attention to the dates on the posts...not everything is new. The last time someone posted on this subject was Mon Aug 23, 2004.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:40 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Dude , The_Rhinosaurus , Your like ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:03 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

You are all quite correct, and as they now do have their own rules there is no longer any need for anyone to comment more on this.

>-LOCKED-<....unless someone screams at me.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]