All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:36 pm

Post subject: The Green Dragon Know Thine Enemy Ep 17 - Shelob
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:30 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

"She jabs them with her stinger and they go as limp as a boned fish. Then she has her way with them. That's how she likes to feed - fresh blood."

August is the 8th month of the year... Spiders have 8 legs... Coincidence? Not for the Green Dragon! So join Matt, Kylie and Tiernan as they do their best to stave off arachnophobia and dissect the spawn of Ungoliant, Shelob.

https://soundcloud.com/the-green-dragon ... -17-shelob

Traps win games.

E-mail - thegreendragonpodcasts@gmail.com
 Post subject: Re: The Green Dragon Know Thine Enemy Ep 17 - Shelob
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:47 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

SHELOB!!! I can summarize my love for Shelob with a little story, a few days ago I saw a spider similar in shape and ilk to her, and I really wanted to pet and cuddle it.

Here's what I've learned about her over the years:
1) When it comes to travel companions, I don't really care about mobility, you don't want her racing ahead of your army. Most important thing is might. Give her might and she will win you the game. I usually pair her up with Shagrat (Captain version), but anything with at least 2 might will work.

2) What kind of army? That depends on her job. I always take her in my standard shieldwall and I've never felt like it holds her back. Her main job is to kill heroes, side jobs include disrupting your opponent's shield wall (hurl a spearman down his lines, for example), being durable (if I can't line it up to kill Glorfindel/Super Elrond, for instance because the game is too congested to fit my might dispenser in there -has happened to me 3 times that I can remember- well, at least I'm safe in the knowledge that she won't die to them and they can't do anything else that game).

BPAs have made her versatile, now she's a flanking force in addition to a hero-killer. She's too fast to deny, if you want her to flank, she will. Don't let her get mobbed and always keep her might caddy within 6", pick your moments with her targets (no rushing, chances almost always present themselves at some point in a game), and she will win you games. She's cheap, you can take her and still have a big, threatening army in 400 points. She's durable, I've never had her run and I've only seen her die once in my 7ish years of using her in most of my armies. Basically, she's a keeper.