All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 pm

Post subject: Re: Who do you find the most difficult hero to kill?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:09 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

There are about 5 models in the game that I can think of that could make a go at killing the Goblin King and a some that could hold him off indefinitely. But overall I think he is prey tuff with Floi to take down his Blubbery shield.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:07 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

l
pokyha wrote:
Goblin King! I have never wounded this guy. Blubbery mass, fate and usually Fury saves what the hell. Boromir charging on horse with lance couldn't get a wound on this guy (may have been a bit of bad luck).

How do you take this guy down?

Dude as for the Goblin King.....I don't think I've ever had him taken down in a game by the rules.

I mention that because a couple guys and I have like tri battles all the time and sometimes we do it to the last man.

Here's a word of advice.....if you know you're gonna play him trolls specifically mordor ones are killers of him. Fell beasts etc.
Elven heroes on horses because either he has to heroic strike or lose on a tie. Think Gil Galad Glorfindel etc

It's tough to say though because I've taken him against Ocrist before and he survived easily.

As for Boromir....take him off his horse. Do all you can to do that. Off his horse he's not great. Basically he loses most of his productivity that way. Then you can just spam him with troops. I don't try to kill him much. Just postpone his usefulness.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:41 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Broken Thranduil (Hobbit-era, not the old metal one), and Tauriel (also broken). They refuse to lose combat, which means you can't make them fall over.

Evil heroes, probably named Wraiths, and your bog-standard Fighting Uruk-hai Captains don't go down easily either.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:03 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Being a Good player (mainly Gondor) I usually rely heavily on siege machinery to throw down monsters, having once killed Sauron (ringless) on the first turn. The best lucky shot of my warhammer-carreer. Anyway, I find Dalmyr of Umbar to be a true pain: if wll used, this guy can stay away from magic and shooting (he has the equivalent of an elven cloak). Furthermore, he owns throwing daggers, an auto-cast (almost) transfix per turn in form of smoke bombs, he cannot be trapped and of course being an Hasharin he can re-roll every dice once to wound. He's a true hero-killer, and for only 100 points!