All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 am

Post subject: Re: There and Back Again New Book discussion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:10 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Wan Shi Tong wrote:
Yeah because that's what this games needs right? Another book worth of rules to memorize and every other hero with some power that makes them an exception to one or more of those rules.

100% agree with this, as the appeal of a simpler game holds a lot to it. BUT, this is a GW product remember and they've never been ones for showing restraint or subtlety when it comes to special exceptions, rules or individuals. It'll clearly become more rules intense if Lotr gets updated fully.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:14 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

So disappointed about the new book! Mirkwood was already under powered, but without any form of magic it's just unplayable. I personally will continue to use the old rules for now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:33 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I did like the effort put into the new scenarios - i felt the orginal DOS & BOFA were so rushed it was unreal ; that said, the original DOS did have some neat rules for playing games in mirkwood... It is interesting that when your compare the elf armies, mirkwood has a lack of magic & very similar to a numenor army ; mind you, with an awesome killing machine like Thranduil, who needs magic? ;)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:04 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

jhk2005 wrote:
I did like the effort put into the new scenarios - i felt the orginal DOS & BOFA were so rushed it was unreal ; that said, the original DOS did have some neat rules for playing games in mirkwood... It is interesting that when your compare the elf armies, mirkwood has a lack of magic & very similar to a numenor army ; mind you, with an awesome killing machine like Thranduil, who needs magic? ;)

Mirkwood may lack magic, but 2 out of the 3 named heroes come with an Elven Cloak in their profiles and the third has an option for it, forcing the enemy to come closer to cast its spells. That's why I'm happy if my opponent has a mounted Thranduil: I can target it anytime I want.