Post subject: more hobbit warriors
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:42 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

these are some rules i made up tell me what you think

HOBBIT CHEF………………………………………………pts 45

F S D A W C Move rate M W F
1/3+ 2 3 1 2 4 7cm 0 5 2

Equipment: various sauce pans and frying pans (counts as dagger).

SPECIAL RULES: The best grub in Southfarthing!: A hobbit chef may at anytime during the move phase expend 1 point of will and all his move to offer a sample of his finest cooking to a nearby hobbit. The hobbit must be within 5cm. As soon as this occurs the targeted hobbit gains 1 point of might that can be used at anytime from then till the end of the game. A hobbit cannot be given more than one “sample”.(note this can be given to non-hero models).

HOBBIT ADVENTURER…………………………………..pts 25

3/3+ 2 3 1 2 4 10cm 1 2 2

Equipment: a (very) short sword (hand weapon). A Hobbit adventurer may have the following equipment for the cost shown.
Pony………………………………..5pts Short bow……………………….2pts
Leather armour (+1 D)……………..2pts Dog……………………………...10pts

SPECIAL RULES: Dog. Use Farmer Maggot’s dogs rule.
“He’s friends with the big people” No “normal” hobbit likes adventure and they are suspicious of those that do. No hobbit may benefit from an Adventurers STAND FAST! roll.

HOBBIT YOUNGSTER………………………………………..pts 2

1/4+ 1 2 1 1 2 8cm - - -

Equipment: stolen kitchen knives (hand weapon). A hobbit youngster may have the following equipment for the cost shown.
Slingshot………………………….1pt Saucepan(helmet +1 D)…………1pt

SPECIAL RULES: Slingshot: a slingshot counts as a bow with a strength 1 and a range of 30 cm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:19 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I like the concept of having normal hobbits with might, I think you have done a good job, its nice to see originality these days. Maybe a tip to improve on; try and make it a litle more friendly for the eye. Maybe a picture or two of what you've converted (Hobbit adventurer for example could have a sculpted backpack. Little things like that make all the differnece.

Nice going anyway :)

Stefan :)
 Post subject: Re: more hobbit warriors
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:39 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Paladin Took wrote:
these are some rules i made up tell me what you think

HOBBIT CHEF………………………………………………pts 45

1/3+ 2 3 1 2 4 7cm 0 5 2

Equipment: various sauce pans and frying pans (counts as dagger).

SPECIAL RULES: The best grub in Southfarthing!: A hobbit chef may at anytime during the move phase expend 1 point of will and all his move to offer a sample of his finest cooking to a nearby hobbit. The hobbit must be within 5cm. As soon as this occurs the targeted hobbit gains 1 point of might that can be used at anytime from then till the end of the game. A hobbit cannot be given more than one “sample”.(note this can be given to non-hero models).

HOBBIT ADVENTURER…………………………………..pts 25

3/3+ 2 3 1 2 4 10cm 1 2 2

Equipment: a (very) short sword (hand weapon). A Hobbit adventurer may have the following equipment for the cost shown.
Pony………………………………..5pts Short bow……………………….2pts
Leather armour (+1 D)……………..2pts Dog……………………………...10pts

SPECIAL RULES: Dog. Use Farmer Maggot’s dogs rule.
“He’s friends with the big people” No “normal” hobbit likes adventure and they are suspicious of those that do. No hobbit may benefit from an Adventurers STAND FAST! roll.

HOBBIT YOUNGSTER………………………………………..pts 2

1/4+ 1 2 1 1 2 8cm - - -

Equipment: stolen kitchen knives (hand weapon). A hobbit youngster may have the following equipment for the cost shown.
Slingshot………………………….1pt Saucepan(helmet +1 D)…………1pt

SPECIAL RULES: Slingshot: a slingshot counts as a bow with a strength 1 and a range of 30 cm.
What are maggots dogs rules and is short bow the same as bow, and is pony same as horse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:31 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The rules for Maggot's dogs are to be found with his profile in the ORB. Look it up, since nobody can spill the beans here.

A pony is not the same as a horse. Again look up the rules in the ORB.

As for the rules. I enjoy your creativity, but I have a hard time imagining your inventions fitting in with Tolkien's hobbits. The Hobbit youngster and the adventuring hobbit really go against my impression of the inhabitants of the Shire. Young hobbits are very, very small, and likely to just hide at the first sign of trouble, rather than go at the enemy with a slingshot and a pot on his head. The adventuring hobbits are covered in Sam, Merry and Pippin. I'd stick to them to get the flavour you're looking for. I can appreciate your desire for a hobbit hero with a bow though. I think it's missing from the rules, but not to be found in Tolkien. The hobbit chef is a great idea, and I can see it working, but I think his profile is a little bit too ambitious. Five will is a lot for his ability, and two fate is just too much for an unnamed hobbit. The hobbit youngster could also be too easily abused to get more shots out of an already disgustingly shooting-filled army.