All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:29 pm

Post subject: The Coppermine
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:40 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

"Like a dull star, something was reflecting the moonshine past the mountain passage, as if a large jewel had made its way through the mountain wall...

...As they came closer, the scouts began to argue between themselves what it was, the colour seemed to be brown, or red, but some said it clearly was gold. But soon they realized that the object must be copper...

...They reached it, a copper gate, well high enough to let an ent walk through it without effort, and wide enough for half a dosen horses to walk in or out aside eachother without pushing against eachother..."

The gates to the Coppermine, or Arebror, as the inhabitants called it, could be seen from bree. It was actually from bree that Nurin had went with his men, as no single tavern at the time had room for 21 dwarves.

Their original idea was to take shelter at the weathertop, on the southernmost plateou of the Weather Hills, but in the dark, stormy night, they went lost. They found a creak in which they took shelter for the night, and in the morning, Nurin awoke to notice his cape had red stains on it. He had laid on a copper vein, a small one, but Nurin thought it was worth to investigate.

Within a week they had found that the mountain was rich of copper, which just so happened to be Nurin's favourite metal for its unique colour. They made a small settlement whilst they start carving out their new home out of the mountain, starting in a cave not far from where they had fallen asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is the beginning of the Coppermine Dwarves' story, now to what project there'll be:

An army, starting at 300 points:

Nurin - Dwarf King (with a 2-handed axe).
20 Khazad-Guards.

The painting progress of the first Khazad Guards will come up once I've finished painting them, Nurin's painting progress will be shown aswell once I've decided which model to use.

A game-playing board:

The copper gates, with the small valley outside, along with the first hall on the inside and a gatehouse.

All I need is to find out where I can buy Foamboard in Sweden... *scratches head*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:48 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The colour scheme for the dwarves will be:

Iron chainmail (Boltgun metal ishly, like normal), but instead of golden/brass plating, copper.

The cloth colours will be mainly red and blue, as of the shield of Nurin. Tunica's regal blue or something, darker blue than Erebor, and red on things such as capes, shoes, ribbons.. Whatever details I bump into.

Details within the Coppermine:

The Copper Throne; What is a king without a throne? And what metal is better to use, than the one he's the king of? Copper, of course.

The Prison; Copper, being one of the lesser valuable minerals, won't be enough to keep a dwarven kingdom in business.. Or perhaps it would, but that didn't stop Nurin from making a prison in some of the mines after they had been depleted.

The Barracks; Something often missed-out in LotR in my opinion, is such details as where people sleep, already when Nurin's first company (which were slain along with Warhammer and LotRSBG models worth some 300-400£ when my angry father wanted to be mean!) I had ideas of how to solve this... But as of that the company was thrown away, I had no use of building it... Then I saw the Blizzard had used same idea some year later in WoW... But still, a barrack with an armory is absolutely nescessary for a dwarven hold!

The Smithy: What is a dwarven keep without a smithy? Some anvils, a good fireplace with bellows, some tool details perhaps.

The mine: Some kind of mine with some of the large industry tool thingies we've seen in Shadow and Flame and Khazad-Dum, aswell as some others here on OR have been working on.

The Gatehouse; Kind of a tower, since Nurin didn't think hiding the main gate nescessary, as he thought that the 4th age would be somewhat peacefull, but after some goblin raids he built the gatehouse, in which he placed a balista to keep the door clear.

The royal quarters; Even dwarven kings must sleep and have somewhere they can be alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:03 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing some pics. :)