All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:39 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: LOTR Plastic Troll
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:13 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

After completing 1535pts of Fortress of Isengard army, I thought I'd paint my last LOTR model just to draw a line under the project (for now). I really liked the idea of having a plastic troll as the centre piece of my army, and the kit looks great, lots of options to customise your troll however you see fit. However...the kit is a disaster! The major problems I have with the kit is the body is in two halves, front and back and leaves massive gaps down the side which need to be filled and smoothed over with greenstuff, this is more work then what is required on forgeworld kits! The second issue is the pose. It's awful. With the fixed legs and torso and a fixed point for the head your only possibility comes from the arms, which just stick out awkwardly.

However, I stuck to my goal of centre piece, and spent a fair amount of time painting this model. Here are the pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:16 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Fantastic never seen a trol like that :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:26 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Amazing! excellent paintjob, and the pose is really cool. Do you also have pictures of your army, really like it to see that :-D
Oh, and may I ask you how you've painted the shield?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:33 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Looks amazing, but finished aswell... so should be posted in your gallery, as the topic says 'work in progress'.

Locking this thread...
please refer to the "WIP posting guidelines" on top of the "work in progress" area in the forum....
-> http://www.one-ring.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14103

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]