All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:35 pm

Post subject: Montizzle's conversions and other works in progress
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:01 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

First up the armored legolas I did years ago. He represents Legolas as he appeared at Helm's Deep. I seem to recall the book mentioning a mail shirt and sword, but I could be wrong. I've improved as a painter (and converter) since then...

Why do I show you an old conversion in a work in progress thread? Well, the army he is in is the work in progress, and more importantly, his mounted version is still a work in progress.

In addition, recently on my table Elfhelm could be found. As many of you have already gathered, I eentered the mounted version in January's challenge.

Last but not least, I found myself in need of more "pikes" than are supplied in boxes for Easterlings. My wife has been kind enough to paint some, so I want her army to be adequately armed to destroy mine. I used byls (also spelled bills) for the Easterlings because they are very similar in form to what the Easterlings already use, and well, they have a soft spot in my heart after serving in a unit with a byl as our insignia.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RDjGZN]Image[/url