All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:44 pm

Post subject: Mighty Empires Campaign
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:18 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hey, so my WOTR group and I have moved over to playing Warhammer Fantasy (don't worry I'll come back)and we've decided to pit ourselves against a Mighty Empires campaign using our respective armies. We set up the map last Thursday and rolled for Realm and Army.

Marie's Tomb Kings in the South East started off strong with her Realm Army being 7200pts strong and her Realm raking in 9 Gold/Season without needing supplies. My Border Princes to the West matched her army size at 7200pts but my Realm only rakes in 8 Gold/Season and I have only 10 baggage trains to supply all my troops (Stupid Undead Special Rule). Josh's Dwarves had an okay start with his Realm bringing in 6 Gold/Season to support his 5400pt Army but with only 4 baggage trains in the Highlands of the North East, he's practically stranded for the first season. Alas for Jeremy's High Elves for while his Realm equalled Josh's in size, his army is only 5000pts strong but he has 11 Baggage trains so he might be a nuisance on my Northward flank.

I'm looking for some advice in terms of which way I should move my main force (all cavalry, lots of anti-magic) when the first turn begins. I could move North and either destroy or cow the puny High Elf realm, however, this could leave my growing Empire vulnerable to the predations of the Tomb Kings. I could take the fight to the stunty dwarves but I have a feeling my offensive will grind to a swift halt and both High Elves and Tomb Kings will outflank me. I could also launch a first strike against the Tomb Kings and try to claim their lands as my own, but the High Elves might prove an annoyance.

Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Mighty Empires Campaign
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:00 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I would suggest to play 'defensive' in the first turns. Just collect and grow your army... Capture any palce that would be safe and defend yourself for the begin... After few turns you will be ready to expand your territory further 8)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:08 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have to agree with hilbert, but if u have to move on anyone I would say the high elves, they are one of the best magical armies so if u have the ability to attack him and eat away some of his land I would leap on it with glee, and of u feel like u can't handle it feel free to raze some land behind your retreating armies.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:04 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

This sounds fun, please keep us posted. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:48 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Do you have the new rule book for mighty empires? I want to get a game going but i dont have the rules and i want to preview the new one,
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:12 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Unfortunately we use the old rulebook, like old old rule book.