All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:49 am

Post subject: "Dog Lord" update time
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:39 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Well, as the Player's Guidebok has been finished for a few months, several people (mostly on the White City..thanks doop dude!) hae been asking whether or not it is for sale yet. More questions have been asked about the possibility for Sourcebooks/ minis/ expanions/etc.

As of rigt now, the Shadow of the Dog Lord Player's Guidebok is not yet for sale. I only have a handful of copies, however someie within the year 2007, I will trek to a small local publisher/copy house and get an order of 50 copies made. Then it will be for sale from whatever website I manage to get a hold of.

As for Sourcebooks, we are currently only working on one at the moment, which is more like a history book/Game Master's book, caled War Lords. Simply put, it describes the War of he Dog Lord in MERP like detail. It weighs in currently at over 60 pages, withot any artwork (I've been slacking off there, sorry :oops: ).

Also, War Lords will see the release of the first minis for Dog Lord. While no rules for a strict miniature game are on the table as of now, they will be complimented with hobby material to go in War Lords (how I'm going to fit all of this in, I have no idea!). The biggest minis wil be what are known as Customizable Class Kits, where you build two resn characters, one male, and one female per race, dependig on what their favored Class is. This design is based on the Empire Wizard kit from Warhamer Fantasy. They will be sculpted by the lovely Xentaros and myself (nowhere near as lovely...)

Hopefully you all are mildly interested. Please check out our website that has articles:

HERE

Or a Myspace Group for Wolf's Den Games...

HERE

Thanks a bunch!

Wolfy

April: 0/3 choices complete

Yearly total: 50/74 models done O.o
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:46 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

This is looking very interesting, I'm working on a RPG game myself and am doing slow progress, especially when it comes to making up spells and feats. I don't quite understand how the usage of skills works in SotDL, could you explain it please?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:06 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Most certainly, Ragnos!

The Skills work a bit like the White Wolf d10 system. You have five circles per Skill on your character sheet. At character creation, you may fill in twenty five (25) of these dots, going no higherthan three dots filled in.

When checking your Skills, you take the number of dots filled in for any given Skill and add four to it. That is how many d6s you roll. The d6 system only came into light because of the hundreds of d6s my gaming group has amassed for playing LotR.

Hopefully I was clear. If you need any other advice or information, please feel free to ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:54 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Well, I only have one question. When do I have to get the minis done by...? As you kno wI'm still only converting and will take at least(really at least) six months to get good enough to free sculpt. I will do them, I just want you to know that I will only do them when I know I can do them! I'll see you on friday wolfy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:59 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Oh whenever is fine dear. In six months, it'll be February, which is more than enough time to get a bunch of figures done and ready for Origins. Thanks a bunch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:09 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks for the quick reply, Wolf, it makes a lot more sense now.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:16 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Not a problem. I figure that I should answer any questions about the rules until the Guidebook is released, and then even answer further questions after that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:51 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Okay, here's some more updates, this time with artwork. Finally I have drawn more stuff. Please note, this is only the ones thatI could scan. There are about six more that I haven't scanned. Enjoy!

Note: This one was Xentaros's character, however she made me draw and color a new, more scantly clad drawing. I still like this one, so...

Hopefully you like them!