All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:04 am

Post subject: Dishonored Miniatures
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:12 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I've been developing the idea of a miniatures game based around the video game Dishonored. Much like the game itself, the tabletop adaption is all about stealth and securty. Players teams are formed much like in sbg, except, because the game plays out on a tiled grid, players have to 'invest' in tiles that represent a building/area from the game as part of their team. Tiles with only 1 or two entrances to them cost more points, and those with many entrance points are relatively cheap.

Anyway, onto the body of what this topic is about. I really want to get this idea of the ground and playtest it once my exams are over with a few good friends, perhaps even go on tour with it to various wargames clubs to see what people think - either way i want the end product to be for this monstrosity to be pitched to Wizards of the coast, with licenses from Arkane Studios to use their ip's. However I am no sculptor, I was wondering if any of you knew of any pre-existing models that, for the time being, could accurately represent some of the characters from the game. Preferably the same 25mm scale that lotr uses. Hopefully i will be in a position to hire a sculptor to make some protoypes soon, but for now I am in the market for lookalikes.

Here are some pictures of characters from the game, maybe you have seen things that bear a striking resemblance and could help me out.

Corvo (the games protagonist):

The Lord Regent:

Overseer's:

Watch Officer:

City Watch:

Lower City Watch:

Assassins:

Thanks for your time and help, please lemme know if you see anything that could represent any of the above :)

P.S: If you are familiar with the game and know of any models that look good enough to represent anyone else, lemme know! I only listed the select few above because they are what I feel are the 'basic' elements necessary to play my game, I plan on incorporating everything into the game, so all is good
 Post subject: Re: Dishonored Miniatures
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:02 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I like this. Corvor, looks a LOT like the newer hasharin, don't you think?

Post subject: Re: Dishonored Miniatures
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:59 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Thanks for pointing that mini out to me, I have found some gas mask heads, and will whack one of those on the new hasharin to act as an assassin. I think Malifaux is the way to go for this, i have already found a few of their mini's to be exactly what i am looking for :)