All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:04 pm

Post subject: Warhammer Total War
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:36 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I admit that I have never been a Warhammer fan, but I have played all of the Total War series. The Third Age is a Lord of the Rings mod for Medieval Total War II that did a really good job with the strategy and combat, but lacked magic. I think that Warhammer Total War will be really good magic, but not good combat. I would be curious if a LOTR mod is made, but the Warhammer visuals are too cartoonish to represent Middle Earth in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i4d3ignBNQ
 Post subject: Re: Warhammer Total War
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:42 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I'm quite confident to be honest, Creative Assembly rarely deceived me. The Warhammer world got a rich background "story" and many unique factions/units. I'm not the biggest fan of warhammer fantasy, I've always preferred painting LOTR models, though I will surely try this game. It will be a clash with the rest of the serie, parting from the historical scheme.
The teaser video looks awesome, but it lacks many factions. I hope they won't add half of the factions with DLC...

Extra income for games workshop, I think videogames are probably way more lucrative then miniatures wargaming. I hope it can boost their Warhammer fantasy sales a bit, as they have fallen behind 40k in the last few years.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:51 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

watched the youtube video, very impressive, is it PC only? Xbox release would be nice. There web site doesn't say which.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:21 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The Total War series is exclusively on the PC.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:56 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Warlord wrote:
The Total War series is exclusively on the PC.

Thanks Warlord, my PC is a bit slow, has trouble running Word let alone a game like that

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:08 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I've got and play regularly all of the total war series since Rome one, but I really despise warhammer fantasy, so I think I'll give this one a miss. It is really the historical side of the game that makes it so good tbh, and as I don't like fantasy and therefore don't know the story or anything, there's nothing in it for me, unless there's a lotr mod released, in which case I'd buy it in a flash.
I'm not bashing CA or GW or anything and I'm not saying it won't be good, merely that it's just not something I'm interested in.
LordElrond