All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:43 pm

Post subject: Confrontation/Rag'n'Arok
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:12 pm 
Does anybody like me collect and paint these miniatures or games, I got into Confrontation about two years ago and there are some fantastic minis in the range.
I also now play the Confrontation game after getting the third edition rule book. It is an easy game to learn with only a few miniatures needed to play.
Also the board Game Hybrid with its expansion Genesis is a wicked game as well.
Just wondering is all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:34 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I don't actually play Confrontation but bought myself some Wolfen as they are such great minis. I am tempted to create stats/rules for them to have in a game I am considering that is based on my own RPG world and LotR Battle Companies.

I am tempted to play Confrontation but only have the rules in the blister packs and a copy of Cry Havoc to go by. I think the minis are fantastic and well sculpted, but would like to see them on round bases. I'll probably try to suss a way of putting them onto round bases and then get my game off the ground once and for all.

Are the 3rd edition rules much different to the blister rules? I found them a little overly complex and gave up on them in favour of LotR SBG.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:45 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I play mid-nor. Locally there is a group of players round here so we play a bit. I suggest this game to anyone who isnt too keen on the easy gaming styles of GW, the rules are a bit complex, but they get easy through gaming. Rag'na'rok i have not played much, but it is fairly good. The rules for Conf have changed a bit (e.g wound table).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:47 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I've recently bought a few minis from Confrontation (Wolfen Rune Keeper and two Jackal Warriors) and I have to admit that I was amazed to see the level of detail on those. Definitely the nicest minis I've ever had. Now I only need to buy a few paints and start working on them. It seems like a big challenge, especially when I look at the pictures from the catalogue where all the minis are extremely well painted. I've got no experience with NMM so I'm still hesitating whether to try it this time or continue painting with metallics.
I'm also considering starting collecting the Wolfen since these minis are so wonderful.

Post subject: Confrontaion.. Rackham...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:30 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I am a pretty big Rackham fan.

I have not yet been able to buy any of the Confrontation figures, but I have the starter pack for AT-43.

Both procducts have excellent pre-paints (I still have a tendency to go back and re-paint or at the very least, touch-up, the minis). They are supposed to be releasing, next year, the unpainted/unassembled miniatures for both Confrontation and AT-43.

That is when I will probably begin buying some of the Confrontation minis. Although I am not typically a fan of the over-the-top fantasy styles, they have a few lines within the Confrontation product line that I am quite fond of (I just remember some guys/women in what looked to be S&M gear...)...

And, yes, the games have a bit more complexity/sophistication than does the LotR SBG... I tend to play with a different set of rules using the LotR minis anyway. This has kept me from being able to use my minis with the LotR SBG since the rules I do play use a basing standard that is.. well, standard throughout the rest of the gaming world (outside of GW's products) that I tend to be around (which is mostly Historical Gamers who have began to get into Fantasy)

I wish that I had the time (and money) to do nothing but sit around and paint minis all day. I would be able to get into things like Confrontation much more easily then.[/i]