All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 pm

Post subject: Mordheim
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:20 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi guys

I recnelty delved back into the world of Warhammer, and whilst on a visit to Warhammer world i thought more about starting a Mordheim warband. Dont get me wrong, i like the Warhammer format, its pretty simple to play and enables to have a nice variety of troops and can be pretty tense.

I see Mordheim as the "Battle companies" of Warhamemr Fantasy, and im currently looking at making a warband, im just curious how many other gamers out there have had a look at this nice lil mini game ?

And of course, id like to hear about YOUR warbands and any stories you may have of courageous victories :)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:55 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I had a closer look at the game - I even had an unpainted Witch Hunter and almost completely finished Possesed warband (in the end I sold it and bought minis for LOTR :) )

The game itself is very dynamic and entertaining. The whole story and atmosphere of "the city of the damned" adds a lot to its attractiveness. Also, the minis are very nice (the game gives you chances to do almost unlimited conversions). Also - unlike in most other games you don't need to spend a lot of money to have enough minis for playing it.

So... yes, I liked Mordheim and will probably one day come back to it (when I buy the fantastic Carnivale of Chaos warband box set :) )
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:52 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I always read about mordhiem and talked about getting into it but i never really have til i play a demo game at my local GW. I play skaven in WHF so i played the skaven in Mordhiem and i found them to be a blast.

There isnt really too many people that play it down here so until i find one i probably wont be playing but ill certainly be collecting and painting there terrific models.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:25 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Well I have made a Reikland warband for fun, because i got into the whole theme and downloaded the rules, built a couple of ruined houses, read the rules, but the thing is you cant buy mordheim in australia anymore so there are like no players...but builiding a whole city would be fun :D
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:47 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I agree, possibility of creating the city of Mordheim is appealing and nice terrain pieces are one of the biggest advantages of this game. Like these here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:54 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

i have never played the game, but it looks cool. going to get some witch hunters as soon as i get money. have already made some flaggelants out of old bits