All times are UTC

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:10 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:01 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I just ordered Magnus the Warlord off eBay for about a fiver, not bad, eh? Looks pretty nifty too.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:34 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I'm a Warmachine player too...
Actually I have a Protectorate of Menoth's army of about 500+ points...

Glory to Menoth! The only TRUE God! :twisted:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:47 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Glad to see that WARMACHINE is becoming even more popular. Its a great game!

I have about 500 points of Cygnar (2 Heavy Jacks, 2 Light Jacks and a Warcaster) and 350 points of Khador (2 Heavy Jacks and a Warchaster - i.e. the basic boxed set). I have some Long Gunners and Trenchers on order though and have started to build my Cygnar force up - aiming at around 1000 points, which seems to be the entry level army here in my home town.

I do like the look of the Protectorate though, and can't decide whether to make my second army from them or from Khador.

@Username, the 'traditional' paint scheme for Khador is basically red with brass or steel metalwork. But there is no reason why you have to stick with that scheme if you want to be different. They are supposed to live in the frozen north of Immoren, so why not try some ice-blue colours?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:28 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hey that would be sweet! If I ever get the box army for Khador, I might just do that.

DOUBLE WOOTAGE....erm, yeah.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:01 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

ive been lookin at some mercs led by Mangus. To bad i cant find a set in America under 40 bucks!
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:00 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but a have a few beginner's questions about Warmachine. I plan on starting collecting mins and playing it but at this paint can't really makeup my mind where shuold I start.

Could someone briefly describe the armies that are available there (main strengths/weaknesses etc.)?

My choice will definitely be motivated by the hobby aspect and so far Cygnar, Cryx and Mercenaries look interesting. I'd be very grateful if someone could briefly outline the profiles of these armies and recommend some minis that I could start with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:15 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Viruk wrote:
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but a have a few beginner's questions about Warmachine. I plan on starting collecting mins and playing it but at this paint can't really makeup my mind where shuold I start.

Could someone briefly describe the armies that are available there (main strengths/weaknesses etc.)?

My choice will definitely be motivated by the hobby aspect and so far Cygnar, Cryx and Mercenaries look interesting. I'd be very grateful if someone could briefly outline the profiles of these armies and recommend some minis that I could start with.

Hi Viruk sorry it's taken a long time for a reply but I thought I'd resurrect this thread like the necromancer I am.

You may or may not find this brief article I wrote helpful - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/sho ... hp?t=27511

It doesn't describe the armies strengths and weaknesses like you have asked for (although it really should have!).

Also this page describes each of the factions fluff reasonably well for you - http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/we ... warmachine

I myself am a massive Cryx fan, I love their miniatures and I love their fluff. I like the gamestyle of the Cryx too.

The thing I like about Warmachine that really sets it apart from other games such as 40k is not only is it an original idea, but unlike 40k an army with Warcaster A will play completely differently to an army of the same faction with Warcaster B. The uniqueness of each Warcaster is neverending!

I've also just ordered Goreshade the [word deleted] and Deathwalker and when my money goes into the bank next week will be completely stocking up on Warmachine and P3 Formula stuff (new paints and tools etc.) as I intend to keep my promise of not buying from Games Workshop anymore after their latest price hike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:03 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Cheers for the reply mate.

I've already made up my mind and started collecting Cryx army (you can see more details by following the link in my signature). I've even managed to play a game and won it (beginner's luck I guess :) ).

I'll check the article - thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:59 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Good choice with Cryx 8)

If you've already got started into Warmachine and played a game or two and read up on the rules a bit then there's porbably nothing in the article that you don't already know. Those articles are only really written for people who haven't heard of the games before or who've heard of them but don't know anything much about them.

Anyways well done on winning your game! :-D

Post subject: Re: WARMACHINE!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:53 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Sorry about resurrecting this thread, but I too have a few questions. First, I'm thinking about getting some of the mini's, but I don't know what to start with. I really like the Protectrate of Menoth mini's, and was wondering if anyone could give some advice on what would be good for a beginner like me to start off with. I looked at the battle box for them, but it doesn't say which mini's it comes with, and I don't know if it's even good to begin with, but it sounds like it would. So if someone could give me some advice on this, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

-PoW