All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 pm

Post subject: Alternate cover for WD Sept 2018
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:28 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Some of you who speak languages other than English may have noticed that this issue of WD features the Sons of Russ instead of Middle Earth. I asked the WD team why that was, and here's their answer.

Quote:
Hey Nicole,

That is indeed, correct – currently, the Middle-earth Strategy Battle game will only be printed in English and German, which is why there are alternative covers. :)

Dan

Being Canadian, I can read francais quite well and am wondering why the French edition of WD for September has an alternate cover from the English version. Is this because there is no French version of the rules? Will there be alternate language options for my favorite game (LoTR)?

Another curious adventuring hobbit
-Nicole

So those of you who have a mother tongue other than English or Deutch will have to start a petition to have rules printed in your language.

Post subject: Re: Alternate cover for WD Sept 2018
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:33 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Apparently it is a law in Germany that it must be translated to German in order to be sold in that country. Others, good luck. The One Ring equivalent in Spain https://www.laguerradelanillo.com has several comments about this.