All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:12 am

Post subject: All Hobbit / LotR SBG Content in White Dwarf Overview
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:26 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello all,

I have made an Excel spreadsheet detailing the contents of all Hobbit / Middle-earth / Lord of the Rings SBG related content in the White Dwarf Magazine. At the time of writing it is updated until January 2018.

If you like you can download the file from this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjm5pm6myvzqg ... .xlsx?dl=0

Big thanks to Phil 'marder' on The Last Alliance. He has compiled a very complete list in this thread:
http://www.thelastalliance.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8189
Unfortunately the last update was in 2015, so I expanded from there.

I've ordered the content in the categories 'Rules', 'Scenarios', 'Terrain', 'Battle Reports', 'Painting' and 'Other'. Advertisements and new releases are often not included in my file as they are not very useful to me. The 'Rules' category may also not be the most accurate, since they are often outdated by now and I mostly wanted to list Rules that could still be relevant today (such as 'Fighting in Lake-town') and Scenarios.

In principle I've added all White Dwarfs since the inception of LotR SBG, but during the period where WD became weekly, I've only included those issues that contained at least some image from LotR/Hobbit SBG. If all cells are empty for an issue there could still be LotR/Hobbit content, but it's likely very minor or just images of (at that time) new releases or army showcases. If all cells have a '-', then there are (in principle) no Middle-earth related articles in that specific issue.

Please note on the numbering
White Dwarf is different for different regions. I've used the UK version in this overview, I belief the US version is one behind on some or all issues. Also, the content in WD may differ for different regions.

Hope you enjoy! If you believe there are mistakes or you have comments or suggestions, feel free to reply! 8)

Post subject: Re: All Hobbit / LotR SBG Content in White Dwarf Overview
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:27 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

This is great! I started doing this a few years ago but never finished it so you've done us all a favour. Well done.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:10 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Do you happen to have an updated link with the spreadsheet?
Thanks!

Voyager360 wrote:
Hello all
I have made an Excel spreadsheet detailing the contents of all Hobbit / Middle-earth / Lord of the Rings SBG related content in the White Dwarf Magazine. At the time of writing it is updated until January 2018.

If you like you can download the file from this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjm5pm6myvzqg ... .xlsx?dl=0

Big thanks to Phil 'marder' on The Last Alliance. He has compiled a very complete list in this thread:
http://www.thelastalliance.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8189
Unfortunately the last update was in 2015, so I expanded from there.

I've ordered the content in the categories 'Rules', 'Scenarios', 'Terrain', 'Battle Reports', 'Painting' and 'Other'. Advertisements and new releases are often not included in my file as they are not very useful to me. The 'Rules' category may also not be the most accurate, since they are often outdated by now and I mostly wanted to list Rules that could still be relevant today (such as 'Fighting in Lake-town') and Scenarios.

In principle I've added all White Dwarfs since the inception of LotR SBG, but during the period where WD became weekly, I've only included those issues that contained at least some image from LotR/Hobbit SBG. If all cells are empty for an issue there could still be LotR/Hobbit content, but it's likely very minor or just images of (at that time) new releases or army showcases. If all cells have a '-', then there are (in principle) no Middle-earth related articles in that specific issue.

Please note on the numbering
White Dwarf is different for different regions. I've used the UK version in this overview, I belief the US version is one behind on some or all issues. Also, the content in WD may differ for different regions.

Hope you enjoy! If you believe there are mistakes or you have comments or suggestions, feel free to reply! 8)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:33 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Matti

Voyager360 stopped his blog in February of last year due to work and family, I don't think he looks at this site very often, your best bet might be to pm him and hopes he gets an email about it.

Mapper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:13 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Mapper wrote:
Matti

Voyager360 stopped his blog in February of last year due to work and family, I don't think he looks at this site very often, your best bet might be to pm him and hopes he gets an email about it.

Mapper

Thanks I tried to pm him but no reply yet. fingers crossed, thanks for the support