All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:17 am

Post subject: LOTR Team Championship - why not?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:19 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Dear Lord Of The Rings Players!

At the beginning I have to apology for my poor English, and I hope, that this information will be understandable for everyone ;) I also have a little request- write any post in this discussion in English, so players from every country can understand what we are talking about.

As most of you possibly know, for many years Warhammer FB and Warhammer 40k players are organizing an event called European Team Championship(ETC). Despite of the name, this is a tournament, where they’re playing World Team Championship in both that games. Why we don’t have such a great event?

The answer is simple- nobody ever tried to organize it. Since whole initiative comes from players, not from Games Workshop, we have to make it on our own. Because ETC 2012 took place in Poland, last summer I tried to negotiate with TO’s some place for LOTR players on that event. Unfortunately Flames of War community was quicker than me, and I had to resign from this idea. Because of the mess after this year championship I don’t think it’s good idea to join the existing event.

We, players from Poland, discussed a lot about this initiative last summer, and this year it have returned to our minds. Many ideas about organizing something like this comes from that conversations. But it can’t to be a decision of just one country . Our wish is to make it international, maybe even worldwide event so players from every country interested in taking part of it, should have an opportunity to discuss and say something about organization. In that case, we’d like to make a suggestion.

In WFB and WH40k decisions about every edition of ETC are taken by captains of national teams. For obvious reasons we don’t have people like them in our society yet. In this case, to make our discussion easier and more readable, we’d like you ask every interested country’s players to choose some kind of representative in the next two weeks. It’s totally irrelevant how will you choose him or if it will be a player, a TO, or maybe the most known guy from your forum. The most important thing is other players approval, and willingness to take part in discussion about organizing our own version of ETC. For example I was chosen, because most players in Poland are too lazy or don’t have time, and because it was mostly my idea ;D

What’s the point of this idea? We will have a discussion about, where event like this should take place, to clarify some rules, restrictions, point limit, number of players in team- in a shortcut we’d create a rulespack for, I hope, the biggest LOTR event in history. I belive that many countries will be interested in taking part in this project, and in 2013 we can meet together on the international championship of our beloved game ;)

If you are interested in this discussion, we’d like to invite your chosen representatives on: http://lotrtc.forums.gs/
After registration send a Private Message with a name of country you represent to user emo. who will be an admin of this site. Because some forums have restricted access, and only the representatives have an opportunity to write there, users who will send this PM will also be granted needed permissions. Of course everyone can read what we are writing there and the rest of forum is open, so feel free to comment our discussion.

If you have any questions or doubts- just post it, I’ll try to answer all of it.

Greetings
Jakub „Lemur” Siedlecki, Representative of Poland in the „ETC discussion”

P.S. Because this is not the only forum, where I have posted this information, I may not be able to answer your questions every day. If I won’t answer for more than 24 hours e-mail me at jakubsiedlecki41@gmail.com with information on which forum you wait for my response, and I will check it instantly.

P.P.S. If your country have it’s own LOTR forum which I couldn’t find, and you will inform your native players about our initiative, feel free to pass my information there. Than e-mail me an address of this site. I’ll add it to my daily checking list and answer all questions from that site too ;)
 Post subject: Re: LOTR Team Championship - why not?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:42 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hey mate,

Your idea seems nice, bar the fact that many people (including myself) don't have any idea what this tournament is. I think you should provide us with more information and details.
Another fact that I want to point is that people will be reluctant to join your effort due to expenses. For example, someone who lives in Greece (again like myself) will not travel all the way to Poland to attend a tournament unless it is of significant importance (prize and reputation-wise).
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:15 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

First of all, i should state i have never played before (only some 40k) but i just ordered a starter set and i'm trying to get engaged in it. :) but i thought i'd throw in my 2 cents, as i've organized some smaller tournaments myself before in various games

I think it is a nice idea indeed, but as stated above, there is some expenses, and players might be reluctant to participate unless there are some prices.

but prices could be organized, you could take a small fee from everybody, maybe get something sponsored from GW or other shops.

its a nice touch, and could be extended further by having each country host a pre-tournament, and X number of winners will participate in the finals, this could also increase the price pool if the pre-tournaments country-specific required a small fee, that could be used to pay some expenses or added to the total price-pool from the bigger tournament.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:17 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Constantine wrote:
Hey mate,

Your idea seems nice, bar the fact that many people (including myself) don't have any idea what this tournament is. I think you should provide us with more information and details.
Another fact that I want to point is that people will be reluctant to join your effort due to expenses. For example, someone who lives in Greece (again like myself) will not travel all the way to Poland to attend a tournament unless it is of significant importance (prize and reputation-wise).

Right for now the event like Warhammer ETC doesn't exist in LOTR. For WFB/40k players it's a tournament, where they’re playing World Team Championship in both that games. It's international contest of national teams(chosen by players from this country), same like in football or basketball for example. The whole point is to discuss on international level about organizing it in LOTR too, and together create a rulespack with information and details. Like i said in the first post, it shouldn't be a decision of just one country. But we need to have other countries interested in that ;)

About expenses- of course I can't guarantee that it would be cheap. But nobody told, that it should take place in Poland, this is another thing to discuss- where event like this should take place. For example I'll be happy if you will organize it in Greece (i always wanted to see your country, and it would be a great opportunity), but it should be a decision of all interested countries.

Concerning prize- if it will have name Worls/European TC approved by every country interested in playing, than any prize from there would be important enough I guess ;)

BTW- I had a big problem with registration on your forum
http://osgiliath-veterans.cvk.gr/
Can u post my information there? I'll keep trying to register and answering questions if anyone will have any. I hope Greece will join the discussion ;)

Seerex wrote:
First of all, i should state i have never played before (only some 40k) but i just ordered a starter set and i'm trying to get engaged in it. :) but i thought i'd throw in my 2 cents, as i've organized some smaller tournaments myself before in various games

I think it is a nice idea indeed, but as stated above, there is some expenses, and players might be reluctant to participate unless there are some prices.

but prices could be organized, you could take a small fee from everybody, maybe get something sponsored from GW or other shops.

its a nice touch, and could be extended further by having each country host a pre-tournament, and X number of winners will participate in the finals, this could also increase the price pool if the pre-tournaments country-specific required a small fee, that could be used to pay some expenses or added to the total price-pool from the bigger tournament.

It's a very, very long way to organize prizes etc, but I'm still happy that you liked the idea ;) Right for now, the most basic thing to do it's to have enough interested countries to start the discussion.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:06 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Quote:
About expenses- of course I can't guarantee that it would be cheap. But nobody told, that it should take place in Poland, this is another thing to discuss- where event like this should take place. For example I'll be happy if you will organize it in Greece (i always wanted to see your country, and it would be a great opportunity), but it should be a decision of all interested countries.

My point was that for most people it would be to much of a hassle and it would be pointless unless the participants are a large number and unless the tournament gets enough exposure thus acquiring prestige.

Quote:
BTW- I had a big problem with registration on your forum
http://osgiliath-veterans.cvk.gr/
Can u post my information there? I'll keep trying to register and answering questions if anyone will have any. I hope Greece will join the discussion ;)

Mate I am sorry but this is the only forum I participate in, I've only visited that forum once or twice. I am not involved in Greek LoTR community.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:10 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Before the gates of another fortress, telling those maggots that they have to form ranks!
Great Idea! Go for it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:03 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Ok I’m back after few tough days. I hope, that u don’t get bored yet and still are interested in our project ;) For the record, that’s how the situation look right for now:

- A big feedback from England
- Also Scotland is interested
- Feedback from Australia, and that’s what surprise me, and make me really happy xD
- Same from Spain
- Still waiting for answer from Greece, Germany, Italy
We decided, that it’s time to start our international discussion at http://lotrtc.forums.gs/ so every country I mentioned is pleased to choose one guy for representative and join there ;) So, let’s the fun begins ;)

P.S. Also if you will observe our discussion feel free to register at http://lotrtc.forums.gs/ and comment all that we post there.

And as an addition a few photos from WFB ETC like also Polish Team Championship as a prove, that together we can make this ;)

Team Championship in Poland

And WFB ETC (that's our target ;) )

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:12 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hi there. Thank you for the invitation, but I think none of us could manage a holiday in Poland nowadays. The economy and the payments are very bad in my country.

However I will tell your message to my friends, I'm curious what they say. :)

Update: Few of us sad that they would like to come. Nothing is sure, but there is a small chance.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:51 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

All players will be welcome at any time, so try to go for it ;)